Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to be able to find it just now but a few months ago there was a thread on this forum about the dearth as well as death of registered trap shoots in North Carolina, especially the Western portion. Well we, Polk County Gun Club in Columbus NC, are going to try and help those that want to spend a day having fun shooting registered targets. Some of you older guys and gals may remember when Randall Author had these at PCGC on the third Saturday of the month, following Spartanburg Gun Club on the first one and Greenville Gun Club on the second. We’re going to try and revive that tradition and have our first registered shoot in some time on the 29th of this coming October. Now some will quickly pick up on the fact that the 29th is not the third Saturday in October but that was the date that suited us best. For more information check out our web page, PolkCountyGunClub.org, or contact me at [email protected]

Missed Again

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good to have more clubs in NC throwing targets.

Reach out to Fred Redmon who runs the tarheel trap website to post your schedule and subsequent results.

www.tarheeltrap.com

Also, let everyone know in the area know that the Hall of Fame shoot is this weekend in Bostic - 4 day shoot that starts tomorrow. Not far from Columbus

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Speaking of North Carolina, give credit to the Durham County Wildlife Club for resurrecting their trap program with 5 registered trap shoots this year. ATA trap isn't dead. It just takes some effort and enthusiasm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Registered my first ATA targets at Polk County Gun Club almost 30 years ago. Broke an 80 in singles that day with a hammer cocked Stevens 20 gauge. Long ways and many miles from the Stevens to the MX-10. Fond memories of Muggs, Don, Ralph, Ed, and James Bond (Yes they had their very on Dr. James Bond, who's son Jason was quite the opponent). One of the classics was setting their one afternoon as my Wolfpack beat the Tarheels in Basketball. Leroy Price jumps up and says, "I'ld rather loose to the Russians than that bunch!". Excited to hear they will be shooting some again, and wishing them all the success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts