Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best type of non stick cookware? I usually use a teflon coated skillet at low heat with melted butter to make eggs over easy.

I have tried several types of non stick cookware but none of it really works for me so I go back to some old teflon skillets and melted butter.

I still have some old cast iron skillets that have been worn smooth over the years that work great with a little bacon grease.

I now see adds for copper ceramic cookware. Has anybody tried any of these?

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Wife bought one. Works pretty much as advertised. BUT. I still like my eggs cooked in a dash of Bacon fat.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
My wife bought a small pan several years ago that is great for making eggs over easy. It's a ceramic coated pan called a Green Pan. It seems to have worn very well. I have no idea as to the cost. I do most of the cooking and it's always cast iron unless I'm frying eggs over easy.
George

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Our Green Pan worked fine for the first 6 months but now eggs stick to it and especially very lean deer burgers or deer steaks. Spray can PAM seems to work better than oil. We always use plastic utensils and never metal ones.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Don't know the best type.

Have a set of the Rachel Ray pans, They have held up well. But I think all non sticks only last for so long.

DGH

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
For cooking eggs I have used the same small Teflon pan for years and don't believe I could ever wear it out. Preheat, add a little butter or oil, cook egg, never use a metal utensil, use pan exclusively for eggs, "never" wash pan with soap. To clean pan rinse with hot water only and wipe dry, store it carefully so other objects can't damage cooking surface.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Been wondering about those advertised on TV lately, they look small, especially if cooking for a family, otherwise they look like a good thing.

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
Bed Bath and Beyond has several sizes.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I recently purchased the "copper pan" at Bed, Bath & Beyond on a whim and as a joke. It worked great. My son & family recently visited and somehow my DIL managed to take it with her. I don't have any idea how long it will last, but my wife is going to pick me up another one tomorrow. If you do the BB&B thing ,see if you can locate a $5 off coupon--they also issue a 20% off coupon.
regards
Bob

·
Premium Member
8,007 Posts
What ever you do don't get the steel ones, as they hurt like hell. Wearing a helmet while viewing remdogs post is a big help, and I believe the teflon help it slide off some, so worth getting in my opinion,
Aloha

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
They all work well until the coating becomes damaged. Once that happens, you may as well pitch it and get a new one. We have just been buying medium priced non stick pans and replace them every year. Makes life easier.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
An egg is the menstrual cycle of a chicken. In mammals, the equivalent would be eating the monthly period. Also, they come out of the poop shoot. I never eat them as they are foul. Pun fully intended.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to Nanuk and everyone else who responded.

The wife and I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and they had both the Gotham Steel brand and the Red Copper Brand of nonstick cookware. These skillets look very similar and are aluminum or titanium with some type of ceramic coating. The 9” skillets are $19.99 from either company. They are made in China.

The lifetime warranty comes with a $9 or so processing fee.

I bought the Gotham Steel pan for $19.99 as it felt better and tried it out at home. It cooked a raw egg without sticking so I guess that it performs as advertised. The only steel is in the handle. The body is titanium with a ceramic coating

We had a $5 off coupon so, with 6% sales tax, I got the pan for under $16. If you buy this pan on-line, with no coupon and shipping and handling, the cost will be around $30.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts