Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the issue of continued availability of domestic shot shell powders for reloading -Nobel Sport-Vectan shotshell powders are creeping into North America along with loading data for 12 ga. target loads using domestic hulls, primers and wads in various shot payloads. Has any one seen a reloading bushing chart for this brand of powder?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have loaded 206V , AS , and Prima V with a Mec 9000 utilizing Mec Bushings. I have not seen any Bushing Charts. Everything must be Verified with a Scale.
Do you have a Mec or any of these Powders?
Regards , Pete

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have loaded 206V , AS , and Prima V with a Mec 9000 utilizing Mec Bushings. I have not seen any Bushing Charts. Everything must be Verified with a Scale.
Do you have a Mec or any of these Powders?
Regards , Pete
I use a PW 800C progressive reloader. Just thinking about powder for 2016 shooting season as can't fine 8 lb. jugs of Red Dot. Looks like several of the Nobel Sports Vectan powders are suitable for the recipes that I load. I figured on the scale verification but just wondering if there was a bushing chart out to use as a starting point.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes , That`s a good starting point.
#31 dropped 17.9 in my Mec Progressive. Drops will most likely be Heavier with a Single-Stage loader.
Here`s some more Bushing info for 206V and Prima V:

- 17.5 gr. Prima V – ( Mec Bushing # 27 )
18.2 gr. Prima V - ( Mec Bushing # 28 )
17.8 gr. 206V - ( Mec Bushing # 31 )
18 gr. 206V - ( Mec Bushing # 32 )
18.8 gr. 206V - ( Mec Bushing # 33 )
17 gr. AS - ( Mec Bushing # 30 )
- 17.9 gr. AS - ( Mec Bushing # 31
18.4 gr. AS - ( Mec Bushing # 32 )
18.9 gr. AS - ( Mec Bushing # 33 )

Regards , Pete

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yesterday I used up the last of my Clays powder. So I weighed what some of my Mec Grabber bushings were dropping of Nobel Sport Vectan AS powder.

I weighed five drops of Vectan AS with each bushing. I was really surprised at how consistent in weight they were.

This information is just for a starting point for what Mec bushings to try for Vectan AS powder. Make sure you weigh what your Mec bushings drop.

#30 Mec Bushing - 16.9 gr of Vectan AS Powder

#31 Mec Bushing - 17.3 gr of Vectan AS Powder

#32 Mec Bushing - 18.4 gr of Vectan AS Powder

#33 Mec Bushing - 19.0 gr of Vectan AS Powder

#34 Mec Bushing - 19.4 gr of Vectan AS Powder

#35 Mec Bushing - 20.3 gr of Vectan AS Powder

1 - 8 of 8 Posts