Trapshooters Forum banner

Noble Sport shells

12955 Views 79 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  wizard77
Does anyone have first hand knowledge on the quality of Noble Sport shells? I had an experience 10 years ago that was an absolute disaster. I am wondering if the quality has improved.
Reactions: Bob Griffith
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
2,414 Posts
My son used them to get 4th in the Jr Olympics
In international trap.
10 years ago youth team bought a pallet of them the only problem was some shells where misprints.
Shell print didn't match box.
All went bang.

· Read Only
3,349 Posts
I bought a flat of 3 -1 1/8 - 7 1/2 several years ago. The recoil in my 870 TC was severe, much more so than a Federal 3 - 1 1/8 - 7 1/2. I used them for squirrel hunting and gave some to my brother-in-law. They would kill a squirrel in the tallest tree and would sometimes, at close range, blow a squirrel clean off of a tree trunk.

· Registered
541 Posts
Had an opportunity to buy 6 cases few weeks back . All that was available . Have had no issues in my Perazzi or Browning so far . Don;t think I would use them for reloads . The hull plastic is kind of on the thin side .

· Registered
185 Posts
Shot at least ten cases and just picked up another 10 cases. No miss or hang fires, pattern as well as Fioccies I compared them too, certainly do not seem excessively dirty. No issues with the clays breaking from the brand of shell anyway. Prices are Waaaay up but hell at least they have been available.

· Banned
684 Posts
For me, unlikely. Unless gun and ammo control changes drastically. I have enough for 2 terms. And I'm replacing what I shoot. I'm thinking about building a 3 term supply. Now if lead gets banned for target shooting up will be up scat creek.
I'm down to 2.5 tons of 7.5s & 2tons of 8s with matching components for roll your owns hopefully i'm set for a while !

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.