Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago my wife bought this .410 youth gun (11" LOP) because it was "Cute". Stock appears to be uncut, and the butt plate shows no grind marks where it fits the stock.

It has brightly polished aluminum Side Plates, and in my research I can find no others with these.

My question is: Does anyone know if this was something Noble did, or someone's handy work ?

Thanks for any info.

Wood Everyday carry Gun accessory Composite material Air gun

Wood Tints and shades Composite material Gun accessory Metal
Tool Wood Rectangle Gas Font

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Dave, Yes, that is a cute gun. I googled "NOBLE MODEL 70D .410 Cal engraved" and saw several with the same engraving as yours. Must be factory. Google it and see what you think.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Years ago my wife bought this .410 youth gun (11" LOP) because it was "Cute". Stock appears to be uncut, and the butt plate shows no grind marks where it fits the stock.

It has brightly polished aluminum Side Plates, and in my research I can find no others with these.

My question is: Does anyone know if this was something Noble did, or someone's handy work ?

Thanks for any info.

View attachment 1810885
View attachment 1810884 View attachment 1810883
You mean the bright blue ?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You mean the bright blue ?
It appears bright blue in the lousy pictures I took, BUT it is actually a very highly polished Aluminum side plate (s).

At first I thought they were either Chromed or Nickle plated, but the engraving is blue black with no signs of having any protective coating prior to doing any plating.

Hi Lit, Yep, I did the same but could not come up with the real bright aluminum plates, only blued ones.

From what I can find now, it appears like someone with a lot of talent polished the plates to a mirror finish, and cut the stock, although I see no signs of the stock being modified. Guess I have a one off (?)

Thanks for looking, that's what makes this site so nice, people helping people.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Noble was long out of business in 1964, the only reference I saw back then was in the NUMRICH/GUNPARTS company catalog .

The comparison my mentors made was take the Savage/Stevens/Springfield pump shotguns and compare those to Winchester pump shotguns.
Comparing a Noble to Savage put it as far back as that Savage was to a Winchester.

I have never seen this 410. To me they are just historical rumor out of old parts catalogs.

Al

Reactions: shotgunpeople

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noble was long out of business in 1964, the only reference I saw back then was in the NUMRICH/GUNPARTS company catalog .

The comparison my mentors made was take the Savage/Stevens/Springfield pump shotguns and compare those to Winchester pump shotguns.
Comparing a Noble to Savage put it as far back as that Savage was to a Winchester.

I have never seen this 410. To me they are just historical rumor out of old parts catalogs.

Al
Yeah Al, I explored Numrich also. Could not find any highly finished plates either. I guess is that someone made a normal gun into a kid's gun.

Kinda neat gun for my little collection though, a real conversation piece. LOL
Product Wood Shotgun Air gun Tool
Musical instrument Wood Hardwood Shotgun Garden tool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts