Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local post office today, and was told they can not accept any shotguns, rifles and pistols for delivery to the State of New York.

USPS told me this is a new ruling since January 1, 2014.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Could they show you a copy of the ruling, and did you get this from a flunky or from a postmaster?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have encountered a post office locally that thinks you may not mail a firearm. They are incorrect. I have shown them the rules. The other two, locally, have no problem with it. You may want to research this a little more. I went on the USPS site just now and don't find a new rule regarding NY. The site notes that it must be mailed to an FFL, manufacturer or repair facility. It can also be sent to yourself in care of a recipient address.
David

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not have time to ask for documentation, and I was shipping to Georgia so I did not see a need to verify her statement.

Just wanted to comment on what is being said at the local USPS

Dave

·
Registered
434 Posts
I live in Illinois, and tried to order 2 boxes of Winchester's new turkey loads, from cabelas, nope, not until I sent a copy of my foid card (firearm owners id card), and drivers license, and I have a, ffl also, didn't make a damn bit of difference, can get guns shipped to me but not 2 boxes of shells,and those are only 10 per box...dk

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Gosh guys, we are talking about New York, 'nuff said. Shit for brain legislation is passing this newly modified AR model off as NY compliant. I'm sure it's not near as dangerous, it's just butt ugly if nothing else.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/370733/manufacturers-change-look-ar-15-rifle-now-legal-new-york-state-charles-c-w-cooke

·
Registered
911 Posts
Bring someone new into the sport.

Someone, a friend, a neighbor , teens esp, anyone who may be neutral on the issue; they will decide your future.

I just did, the guy had a lot of fun and will be back for more trap

Even his wife (who was anti gun) is now ok with it

One at a time

·
Registered
99 Posts
They are choking us down one Law at a time.Same with gay rights here in Ca. The people voted no-- but we got it anyway. They will take the ammo if they cant have the guns. Remember the Boston tea party- when will enough be enough?

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Counter monkeys like to lie instead of admitting their lack of knowledge, and inability to go look in the book.

Go to losttarget.com and print a copy of the rules, take them with you. That at least gets a supervisor who will help you.

HM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts