Trapshooters Forum banner

NO SHELLS AT SPARTA WALMART TODAY (MONDAY)

6556 Views 48 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  waldedw
Got to Sparta today. Needed groceries so went to Walmart in Sparta. They have no shells.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
13,015 Posts
The Sporting goods mgr. at wally world let people pack them out by the truck load. Got rid of the inventory super fast. Didn't worry about letting others have a chance to get some. Got a feather in his cap for sales points. Really odd how some Wally worlds limited people to 3 BOXES and this guy has a fire sale ! OH Well life isn't fair I guess .

· Registered
1,385 Posts
They had a 10 flat limit on shells, and the supply was good until late last week when all the AIM folks started showing up. They are expecting more but no clue when that will happen. The shell house has plenty for everyone to buy for their shooting during the Grand so relax and be ready to have a great time! I’ve never heard anything about Walmart being obligated to have shells on hand just because the Grand was going on. The manager there tries his best to get what he can for us, cut him some slack!

· Registered
4,992 Posts
The Sporting Goods mgr. (Gary) has been away more than normal because of his ill father. I haven't seen him there the last 6 or so times I have been there. Who is making the decisions there now I do not know. We had no limit, then 3 flat limit, back to no limit, then 10 flat limit. Who knows what is next.
I heard more ammo coming Wednesday. Is that true, ?????????
Colonel

· Registered
13,015 Posts
They had a 10 flat limit on shells, and the supply was good until late last week when all the AIM folks started showing up. They are expecting more but no clue when that will happen. The shell house has plenty for everyone to buy for their shooting during the Grand so relax and be ready to have a great time! I’ve never heard anything about Walmart being obligated to have shells on hand just because the Grand was going on. The manager there tries his best to get what he can for us, cut him some slack!
And yet some Walmarts have a 3 box limit. I still think the overly generous 10 flat limit at one time just plays into the hands of the hoarders just proves he is just trying to get rid of them fast..

· Registered
3,367 Posts
The manager Gary is about as nice a guy as you'd want to meet. In past years before the shell crisis shooters went in and bought carts full of shells and I'm sure he's used to shooters doing just that. I wonder how many people last week went in multiple days with multiple people and took more shells than they could shoot in years. I know from the fiasco at the US open when some shooters acted like spoiled kids literally fighting over shells about put a stop to ANY meaningful purchase of shells. As always, a few ruin it for all.

· Registered
1,299 Posts
So they are out of shell's, they had a bunch in and sold them, last time I checked that's what a retail business is supposed to do " sell inventory " more coming at some point and guess what they will sell them again that's how it works.

· Registered
13,015 Posts
So they are out of shell's, they had a bunch in and sold them, last time I checked that's what a retail business is supposed to do " sell inventory " more coming at some point and guess what they will sell them again that's how it works.
Last time I checked a retail business is supposed to have an "across the board" like policy. I guess WalMart doesn't think so.

· Registered
36,909 Posts
You would think a huge retailer like Walmart would have company wide standard policy for purchase limits to help avoid shortages.

Why every store is different seems odd.
Last time I checked a retail business is supposed to have an "across the board" like policy. I guess WalMart doesn't think so.
No is is not odd, nothing strange about it. It is empowering employees to run the business as they see best. Can’t make people happy, they either curse the big business for not giving employees a say and part in running the business, then they bitch when some company does. It’s nothing new, been going on for a couple decades.

My gawd, how time changes things, a couple years ago, nobody admitted to setting foot in a Walmart, cursed them for running mom and pops out of business. Now they are cursed for not having 20 flats of shells for every customer that walks through the doors. Store wide corporate policies are those like the ones that stopped hand gun and hand gun ammo sales.

· Premium Member
8,302 Posts
The Grand and the new extended customer base changed Walmarts policy totally in the sporting goods department. For that, anyone that ever bought ammo there and/or still does should be thankful.

Gary worked hard to get approval from corporate to purchase the volume he acquired the first year. To his surprise and corporate, it lacked in quality of certain loading. But it did give him freedom for the future.

Atleast Gary is one department manager that tries for his customer base.

· Registered
36,909 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.