Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Graf & Sons has a no Haz-Mat fee if you buy any 10 containers of Nobel Sport Vectan powder. Graf's shipping is a flat rate of $7.95 per order.

The Vectan powder comes in 1.1 pound containers. The price per pound for the Vectan AS comes out to $16.35 or "$17.99 for 1.1 pounds". That would be $130.80 for 8 pounds. It would be $179.90 for 11 pounds of powder.

Get some primers since the Haz-Mat is free. Get a case of wads and the total shipping on your order is $7.95

·
Premium Member
7,045 Posts
So what's your experience testing Vectan powder? Unless you have, then isn't your statement a joke?
12 gauge Federal Gold Medal Hull - 19.9 gr Vectan D20 Powder - Fed. 12So Wad - Fed 209a Primer
1 1/8th Hard Shot - Supposed to be a 1150 fps at 9200 psi

The stuff is filthy dirty, highly inconsistent and not very economical. I can use just 17.1gr of clays
to achieve a much better, cleaner more consistent load, that really does chrony at 1150fps!
What more would you like me to say? In my opinion the stuff is just like the rest of Nobel's
products. "very mediocre at best". That includes loaded ammo, primers & hulls!
Now since I have explained it to you, maybe you can see why your statement is "A JOKE"
MG

·
Registered
966 Posts
I use AS for 1oz loads and A1 for 1 1/8. Both are clean. The 1oz load I sent off for testing and came back very consistent in speed and pressure:

1202 fps, SD 4, ES 10
10242 psi, SD 264, ES 660

So, no my statements are based on experience and testing and obviously not a joke.

I have not used D20 or other NS products and can not offer any comment on them.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only Vectan powder I have tried is Vectan AS. It meters very consistent and burns clean.

I had some loads tested with Vectan AS and the speeds and pressures were consistent.

The reason I quit using Clays powder was because there was none to order when I ran out of Clays. The Vectan powders were available so I ordered the Vectan AS.

I have to order my powder and primers so the no haz-mat fee at Graf & Sons is a good deal.

·
Premium Member
7,045 Posts
I use AS for 1oz loads and A1 for 1 1/8. Both are clean. The 1oz load I sent off for testing and came back very consistent in speed and pressure:

1202 fps, SD 4, ES 10
10242 psi, SD 264, ES 660

So, no my statements are based on experience and testing and obviously not a joke.

I have not used D20 or other NS products and can not offer any comment on them.
Your Statement, "In fact.....probably a lessor powder" is most definitely a complete joke!
Please tell us your terrible experience with Hodgdon Clays.
MG

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't have a terrible experience with Clays.....I just don't think it's the only powder out there that burns clean and performs well. When Clays disappeared some acted like it was the end of the world, to me it wasn't a big deal. As stated above the Vectan AS has tested very well, meters well, and burns very clean. 17.1 gr of Titewad has performed as well if not better than Clays for me as well, and is usually much cheaper. I'm not knocking Clays....I just don't put it at the top of the heap as some others do. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

rnfro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts