Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have made arrangements with Coon Creek Gun Club in Lincoln to host a monthly zz shoot. First shoot will be Sunday 11/21.

First Sunday of the month - Stockton (most months)

Second Saturday of the month - Martinez (most months)

Third Sunday of the month - Coon Creek (most months)

Call or email to get on the program email list.

Remember, max load of 1 1/4 oz. - 3 3/4 dr. - 7's

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Well I did a little research and find this very interesting. I’m shooting every Sunday at Coon Creek anyway, so why not give it a try!
I couldn’t find any suggestions for chokes? You’re allowed two shots at the target?
Looking forward to giving this a try! Thanks

Domenic

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dom: Players use everything from 1 oz. to 1 1/8 oz trap loads to 1 1/4 oz. 3 3/4 dr. thumpers. Opinions on chokes vary, just like other games.....mine are .32/.40....seems most use about .25/.35, or there abouts. I shoot 1 1/4 oz. 3 1/4 dr. 7 1/2's on the first shot, and 1 1/4 oz. 3 3/4 dr. on the second shot. Use as much as you can stand....it's a tough game. I've seen alot of trap shooters try it, and most don't stick. If you can't shoot live ones, this is as good as it gets.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Thank you for the information. I’ve been a hunter for over 40 years and just started trapshooting this summer. I’m up for any shooting game out there and this sounds right up my alley! Plus I have a bunch of high base 7 ½’s that need shooting. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.