Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gun that is currently Blued and I would like to get a nitride finish put on it. 1st can this be done, if so by whom and what does it usually run $ wise. I see Briley does the electroless nickel, but I don't believe this is the same as the nitride finish?? Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
Go to the Accurate Plating & Weaponry web site. They have a good description of some of the better plating applications.

WNCRob

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Doug Braker put a beautiful nickel finish on a 90T I owned. Call him or visit his website. (See above)

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
If you don't mind the finish being a bit grayer have it done by Tony DeSimone. He doesn't really do the actual plating but he prepares the parts very nicely and has them plated. He's done two guns for me and the wear is nonexistent after 3 years hand wear, travel and in and out of the case.

Reasonable too.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Use doug barker. He has done three for me and they are all perfect. He charges 400 and it is worth paying for the best.
Doug

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Use doug barker. He has done three for me and they are all perfect. He charges 400 and it is worth paying for the best.
Doug

·
Banned
625 Posts
$400.00 is too much to pay for nitride finish. You can find and company that does nitrogen gas harding and get it done for less than $100.

·
Banned
625 Posts
Here is one company with rates.

PHT/NITREX located in McKean, PA can assist you in your need for Nitrogen Nitride Hardening.
<br>
Basic process consists of .008"-.012" of total case depth.Minimum Charge is $100.00, Price Per Pound is $1.00 Please contact me if you have any further questions.
<br>
Bryan S. JagemanPeters' Heat Treating, Inc.Phone: 814-476-1880 ext 107

·
Registered
145 Posts
Someone help me,
I was not aware that nitriding is a type of plating.
I thought that nitriding was a hardening process that incidentally
imparts some additional corrosion resistance.
I have had the idea that it is very similar to the process used on
automotive crankshafts.
Thanks,
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.