Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S&W 1000T trap, 30" bbl with Factory full choke tube installed, no porting. 12ga semi auto in excellent condition, looks to have been shot very little. VERY WELL MADE. MC stock, LOP 14.5", DAC 1 3/8"-1 3/8"-2" at MC. Nuetral cast, minor palm swell. High trap rib. Beautiful Wood and bluing all original and excellent.

This gun was made in Japan. It loosely resembles an 1100 in appearance. In terms of build quality and cosmetics this gun shines. Rich deep bluing, nice wood with cut checkering, improved internals. THIS IS A NICE GUN. Do not let my low asking price reflect on the quality of this gun. I'm not using 95% of my guns so I decided to sell a few.

Price: $500.00 plus shipping & ins
Not interested in a trade.

Thanks, Marc
[email protected]

REVIEWS OF GUN FOLLOW PICTURES
S & W 1000T 001.jpg
S & W 1000T 002.jpg

S & W 1000T 025.jpg
S & W 1000T 003.jpg
S & W 1000T 010.jpg
S & W 1000T 011.jpg
S & W 1000T 015.jpg
S & W 1000T 017.jpg
S & W 1000T 018.jpg
S & W 1000T 020.jpg

• jdsfarmsWell-Known Member
      I had one years ago ,beautiful wood on it functioned flawlessly shot a bit low for me,I still have the same model in a field gun choked fixed full used to be my duck gun until they went to steel it has never missed a beat in 20+years.Jerry

jdsfarms, Oct 2, 2014Report
      #2Thank+ QuoteReply

• Sky BusterTS SupportersTS Supporters
      The M-1000 was and is an excellant design. The only issue the gun had
      was the recoil buffer could disintergrate . The buffer is a rubber "O"
      ring and it cushions the piston during it's rear ward travel. This was
      corrected later in production. Remove the piston and with a flashlite
      inspect the buffer. If it's bad, it will appear tar like. Clean it out with
      aceatone and install the new buffer. The best source for M-1000
      parts is, LSG Manufacturing in Comanche, Tx. 325.885.2700

Sky Buster, Oct 2, 2014Report
      #3Thank+ QuoteReply
      SCO/C thanked this.

• hera200Member
      I'm trying to remember who it was that made these guns and put on the S&W name. Can't recall if it was the same maker as the Weatherby shotguns at the time. Anybody recall?
      Now I do seem to remember that the S&W rifle was the same as the Weatherby Vangard rifle back then and they were made by HOWA of Japan. Maybe they also made the shotguns??...BUD

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
      hera200, Oct 5, 2014Report
      #5Thank+ QuoteReply

• ExFedexMember
      Recently sold one for a widow friend. It had the gooey recoil washer problem which is easily fixed. The new washers look like something that could be found in a plumbing supply store. What amazed me was it had hand checkered palm swells on both sides from the factory. It had a design that would not allow the hammer to fall with the trigger out of the gun so easily as the Remington guns will. There were a few other design features that were ahead of its time. This was a Super Skeet model and the new owner is quite happy with it.

Don't know why reviews came out in color but it looked good so I left as is.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Curious if anyone tried any of the T&S shell catchers available for any other autos and found one that would work on this??

·
Banned
328 Posts
Possibly make one for an 1100 work by grinding some off the bottom of bolt handle to clear the catcher??? I've seen it done on a Winchester SX-1

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Choke tubes interchange with Browning Invector, Moss 500, Winchester, Baker, and perhaps more.
Choke tubes for this gun are available from many sources.
Thanks, Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts