Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great weekend shoot down in Mason. Weather was perfect, so were the targets and the whole operation.
The new MTA board sure turned the place around.
Even the food was a treat.
If you have not been to Mason in the last two years, you need to come and see why it's such a great place to shoot.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sunday morning classification was a breeze compared to years gone by. MTA appeared to have doubled the #s of classifiers working (4 instead of the 2 I remember seeing). Great job on that front!

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Great week end. Great shoot. Great job Liz running computers and all the stuff connected with it.

Great place most of all.

Don

·
Registered
197 Posts
There's no other place I'd rather be, can't wait to go back! Does anybody know what the attendance number's were? Vendors are missing out as I know of at least four other guys that were hoping to have ear plugs made and no one there to do it. Thanks MTA, YOU DA BEST!

·
Registered
78 Posts
love mason shot there last 20 years...but with a wife thats ill not able to make team shoot....not impressed with new camping rates impossible to book ahead with a sick wife as we go day to day think 40.00 is to much....thought old system worked great..

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

Great place to shoot,I always like being there.I think the new camping regulations and rates are going to really hurt them..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yep, as evidenced by the many vacant camping spots at this past shoot. Sometimes more is less! Just say'n.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
What are the rate sand regulation issues?
Campground

New for 2015, we no longer have a campground manager. We have a campground host. We have very fine camping facilities, 200+ sites with water and electricity. Reservations will be accepted at a fee of $30.00 per night. We have unlimited Tent Camping available at $10.00 per night. Reservations must be submitted Ten Days (10) prior to the start of a shoot. Drive-ins (ie) No Reservations will be charged $40.00 per day. We are still accepting applications for leased sites until the Spring Team Shoot.

Reservations are accepted for all shoots and will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. The campground is open the day before a shoot starts, if you need to arrive earlier, special arrangements can be made. Campers will be charged from the day of arrival to the day of departure. Campground hours are from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM daily. The bathhouse, complete with showers, is located west of the clubhouse. For the campers’ convenience there is a dump station near the front gate. The MTA will not be responsible for tents, trailers, campers and motorhomes or their contents. To arrange camper pump out please see information in classification and squading. Pumping will need 24-hour notice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts