Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just an offer for sale. If I can't get enough interests, I'll use it.

This is directly from Apple to replace my 10 month old iPhone5 under warranty. I'm thinking about getting a 16GB iPhone5S if I can sell this 64GB iPhone5.

I'll have this brand new factory unlocked, unrestricted version iPhone5 available in couple days. 64GB, white. MSRP $849.00 three months ago.

This phone, exactly like the one I'm using now, will accept any phone company's SIM card, even outside the U.S. like I've done it many times when I travel.

With this phone, you can use T-Mobile unlimited service and save anywhere between $30~60 per month vs AT&T similar plan.

I'm asking $599 for it. $250 off MSRP for a New In the Box Iphone5. If I can, I'll not open the box and ship directly to you sealed in original Apple case.

A great deal, the only question is, do you need 64GB?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Funny you mention that. Do you want a Verizon 16GB 5s in Gold? Mines coming tomorrow and I want to sell and keep my 1yr old 5.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your offer. But Verizon phones are generally locked/restricted.

Verizon has excellent domestic service, but their rate plan is $30~60 more from T-Mobile.

I travel, they will not allow me to use prepaid SIM card or any other phone company's service outside the country.

BTW, 5S in Gold color is the hottest item, at least in the past few months. You can sell it on eBay for a lot of money.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Depending in the part number, while it may work on 3G outside the US, it may not with 4G.In other words, you have to check the Apple website part numbers and compatibility with the various bands.

Needless to say, at you local Apple store they don't know what our are talking about and on line they tell you what they think you want to hear even if you end up with a phone that won't do what you paid for.

Neil

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Neil is correct. The Verizon 5S (A1533) phone has both CDMA and GSM and is unlocked so it will work with various other carrier's SIM cards that work on GSM including Internationally.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My current iPhone5 and my previous 4, & 3S are all factory unlocked/unrestricted International version. I've used all of them outside the U.S. with European and Asian prepaid SIM cards or my friend's foreign SIM cards. They all worked. And I was getting their fastest local services just like a local phone.

I also have two other foreign country iPhones, a 3 and a 4S were from Hong Kong, they both worked in the U.S. with T-mobile SIM cards.

iPhone are restricted/locked in the U.S. for certain phone companies to offer $199~399 deal. If you have one of those, you can not change carrier, and you have to pay their higher fees for the life of the phone.

Phone companies makes it back on monthly fees. That's why iPhone from T-Mobile are $649~849, because you're not locked with one carrier.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That's not correct. The subsidized cost is unrelated to the phones being "locked". The reason they are discounted is because you need to sign a 2 year contract to get the lower price. There is no contract with T-Mobile so you pay full price for the phone. I just spent 15 min searching online and people are reporting trying the Verizon phones with ATT or TMobile and they work just fine.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
There are several bands in Europe and one may or may not work on 4G in a particular country, another in another. For example, one part number of Apple-source unlocked phone will work on 4G in the Czech Republic and one won't, so Roman had to buy his phone here. They gave him the wrong information at both the local Apple store and on the phone with Apple.

Cav . . .

The thing to do, Steve, is just to post the part number and then it will be up to the buyer to check.

Neil

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vpr80, you're correct.

From what I understand, factory unlocked iPhones are only available at full MSRP from Apple.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neil & vpr80,

That's a good idea, I'll post the model # when I received the new phone. I've never thought about model numbers, I always think an iPhone is an iPhone, now I know the model number can tell you what configuration it is. Thank you.

Apple has logged in my current phone as factory unlocked, and all details, because of it's unlicked and 64GB, they don't have it in store today, they'll over night it to the store for me to pick it up in the next day or two.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
SteveW:

I've been running a thread for 2 months looking for an iPhone 5. Last night, I found one on eBay. Wish I'd seen your post before buying.

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gene, I'm sorry. I was looking for your thread but couldn't find it.

I didn't know Apple was going to give me a new phone just for a malfunction of the build-in compass until I went to their store to buy a new iPad mini today. The tech guy told me I'll get you a new iPhone and send yours to the research center to study what's the problem.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A1429

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is my current phone, 10 month old, the compass is not functioning right, Apple is replacing a new one for me. This model is CDMA + GSM both.

Verizon is using CDMA. AT&T, and T-mobile are on the newer GSM system.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've learned a few things these couple days, JFYR.

1) IPhone has many models. Most of them only work with one system.

2) If you didn't pay full price, the phone will only work with one carrier.

3) CDMA is an older, phasing out system.

4) T-Mobile and AT&T are using different LTE bands.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exact same phone I got, A1429.

According to the Apple tech guy, this is an International phone that'll work on any cell services that Apple is available. And because of this, it took them longer to get it to replace mine. I think he told me this one was made to ship to Europe and Asia.

My T-Mobile nano SIM card worked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts