Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with the Trap and Field article I posted from Neal Crausbay on another thread I found this article from June 2003. Interesting info on the number of active shooters from just 10 years ago. Also the survey that the ATA paid 50 grand to take than ignore.

Brad

braddysinger_2008_0303146.jpg

braddysinger_2008_0303147.jpg

braddysinger_2008_0303148.jpg

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Its clear to see where Dr Longshot got his fodder from.

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
If memory serves me right there was a little problem with acquiring the land and the alternate IN sites couldn't put a package together or weren't suitable.

So let's get the shovels out and we can dig up some more past BS. Beat that horse even tho it's been dead for years.

Don

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Facts are facts gentleman. If you don't remember the past you are doomed to repeat it. You seem eager to hurl insults, I guess it makes you seem superior, but why don't you hurl a few facts supporting any of your theories.

Why do you feel so threatened? You sound like an Obama supporter blaming the Republicans for the Obama-care mess because they won't support it now after #1 not voting for it, and #2 warning that it wouldn't work.

So #1 I didn't vote for Sparta, as did they majority of ATA members in 2002-2003, and #2 I warned it wouldn't work, as did the majority of ATA members in 2002-2003. So now that it's were it is you want me to forget it, I don't think so.

See you can only say I told you so if you're right and have. I told you so.

Brad Dysinger

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Same tired old rerun at least once a year from the same source. Some people should have been born with eyes pointed backward so they could always say, "I told you so".

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I have been shooting as long as Brad and so I've seen and admired him for a long time. He could just be a talented shooter enjoying the sport and collecting a check. Instead, he has been involved with the sport and concerned about it's future. He certainly has paid his dues and his opinions-whether you agree with them or not-should be listened to and respected. No comparison at all
to the ego driven, needy, childish poster who has been kicked off this forum.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
One important fact that our President, Tom Acklin, God rest his soul) left out when presenting his wishes to ATA was this. The common knowledge throughout our country was that OHIO didn't make an attempt to keep the Grand in Ohio. That isn't true at all.

American Electric Power co., headquartered in Columbus ,O. made the offer. In addition, the NRA, the Ohio National Guard and many others gathered near Cambridge, O. at their strip mine site to meet the ATA President to present their offers. Tom Acklin was a half hour late in getting there to meet all the power players that had flown in via helicopter to meet Mr. ATA.

Tom got out of his car, looked around a bit and said this land is no different than Ill. is offering! Got back in his car and drove away! Everyone's mouth was hanging open at his rudeness and ill mannered approach toward them?

The power company officials got into their helicopters and flew away. Had he stuck around long enough to hear their proposal for CHEAP LAND, AND passed along that information to the EC, Director and BOD, hard to tell how our sport may be faring today?

The O. National Guard was there to volunteer all dirt work free, The NRA had a handful of cash to offer, AEP was planning on selling the land at the outrageous price of a buck an acre, miles of it! Other organizations were there also to make their offers!!

Because this wasn't known by ATA or anyone outside that proposed meeting, Ohio didn't make any offer. The then President of the OSTA and his wife were there and witnessed this fiasco first hand! Our OSTA President also worked for AEP and was instrumental in the meeting!! Such an embarrassment he stated!! If Tom would have, who knows?

Gene Hapney

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hunter44, Congratulations spoken like a true Ostrich. Insults from you, who'd of thunk it. Maybe if anything you said, warned about, predicted, were facts or came true you could say "I told you so" but alas like Obama-care just meaningless, fact-less dribble

Brad Dysinger

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Unlike you Dysinger, I plan to support the ATA by shooting as many targets as I can afford this year. Of course when some don't get their way they just go to the sidelines to pout & whine.

·
0 Posts
What was it about Vegas that prevented it from rising to the top?

It has the cheapest flights in the country, the most entertainment, and very good weather. It would certainly be a lot easier to sell a shooting vacation to a non-shooting spouse if there was something in it for them, besides watching the shooting.

Could have changed the target year to match the calendar year and held the Grand in early November. Weather would have been beautiful.

The past is the past, I'm not interested in starting or participating in an argument over the decision made 10 years ago; I'm just curious what it was that took Vegas out of the running.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hunter44, you have to be a union member or government working to equate blind loyalty with making a difference. You are an enabler, I think you and shooters like you are the ATA's problem.

And me, glad you asked, you did ask didn't you? Far from pouting and whining on the sidelines I get to tell you and all the other self appointed experts the facts and "I told so"

It's fun to be right. Happy! Happy! Happy!

Brad Dysinger

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I shoot registered targets while you set on the sidelines & shout, " I told you so". Therefore, I'm what's wrong with the ATA. That logic escapes me. I'm very happy that you are so happy.......nothing like a happy pouter.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hunter44, your whit cuts me like a knife, but I am glad that you admit that logic escapes you. Just think how much better you'll feel when you admit that I was right when "I told you so"

Sorry I can't keep up this stimulating conversation with you but the Mavrick show is calling my name from the TV, I'll be away from TSC for a couple of hours so you have time to collect and organize your thoughts before we continue our tatty Tate.

May I suggest you PM Neil and get him to draw you up a chart explaining your position.

Brad Dysinger

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I think I'll just let a bitter old former ATA shooter bask in his self appointed glory & keep shouting "I told you so"! Stay Happy, Happy, Happy!

·
Registered
14,695 Posts
Hap, Why was Acklin the only one at that meeting? Certainly, the final decision was not just his? Where were the rest of the boys? I'd think that was an important meeting considering the incentives at stake?

Rosey

·
Vendor
19,415 Posts
It is all about Ohio as the center of trapshooting. At least this thread.

Hunter is right Brad. Old Pros write the rest of us shooters off as inconsequential to any trapshooting discussion. Not all of course, but you fit the mold for sure.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Brad is just telling us that the EC never listened to us...THE SHOOTERS then, and they arent listening to us now.

Talk about blind faith....This is our ATA...

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Brad were those enablers that filled Morengo the last few years. They sure as hell were not old time shooters. I think they just wanted to shooter and leave the BS to the old farts and others.

What the hell are you watching Maverick in the middle of the day for.

Don

1 - 20 of 153 Posts