Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on ts.com bought or shot the new GC7 unsingle from SKB?
I can't even find a picture of the gun anywhere.

thanks,
Mark

·
Vendor
7,245 Posts
looks like an 85tss

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yesterday, I picked my new left hand GC7 topsingle from Monsoor's in LaCrosse, WI. In the box is a nice GC7 catalog. It has quite a bit more information than the SKB website. I scanned a picture of the unsingle version and can e-mail it to anyone interested. Remove the xxx's from the e-mail address shown.

Pete E.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Wow, I have the SKB 85TSS and want a left-handed version.how are the left-handed configured? Slightly bent stock? And, again, has Jaquas dropped SKB?

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
As one who services the SKB with blessings from the importer, I can say the new gun is built to be more of everything than even the excellent 85 and 585 series.

Buy them with confidence. Service them annually. Even your lawn mower needs to be serviced annually.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If any of you plan to purchase a GC7 ask your dealer about an SKB rebate.

When I purchased my top single at Monsoor's I got an instant $75 rebate.
So I got mine out-the-door for $1375.

The salesperson, Roger, told me that there is a $150 rebate on the combos and/or the grade III's. I'm pretty sure that's what he said anyway...don't quote me on that.

Pete E.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
All the barrels in the 85TSS/85TTR series will "fit" the GC7s and vice-versa. When I say "fit" that means with some "fitting" involved. Have done two "fits" myself and both were fairly easy; but that is not to say all will be.

AndyH

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I placed my order for the grade III left hand unsingle today.
I'll post a report and pictures soon.
Thanks for all the input.

Mark

·
Registered
723 Posts
$1375 for what Redgreen ??? Not a NEW top single ? No way /no how ? I would grab that in a minute . Do you fit ANDY?

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
SKB will not fit a barrel. They say there are too many variables. One cannot get a barrel from them. Buying a used one is a risk, unless you have a prior agreement about is suitability.

Sell your gun and buy the combo if that is what you want. They are great guns.

·
Registered
306 Posts
dkuser the price you heard from Redgreen is correct. I coach Jr./Sr. High School team in Nebraska and have purchased the new GC7 top single from Guns Unlimited in Omaha Nebraska, give them a call and ask for Dan Goodsell 402-339-0771

Mark R.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I bought my barrels new from Hi-Grade Shooters Supply at a great price! (Lucky to find them). I believe Mike @ Silver Dollar Firearms can get them for you as well.

dkusner - I will fit my own and others I know locally. I'm not a g'smith by trade, but a machinist. Both "fits" I have done were by judicious use of fine Swiss files, diamond hones, and lapping. Other fits may need a little more.

AndyH

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.