Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help me w pre squad I dont want to shoot where the dirt road goes out to the road that crosses fields, not sure if its bank 4 5 or 6.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ariel pic of NYS home grounds. 2 practice fields and then banks 1-7 (2 traps per bank) to left of the road and then banks 8-12 to the right of the road

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Last year they were using 4 fields to a bank. Years before it was 2 fields. So last year they had six banks years before 12. The exception being doubles. BTW I hate that bank as well.

·
Premium Member
Brownings
625 Posts
Won't the banks be assigned at random on the day of the applicable events? How can pre-squading help one to avoid certain banks/fields?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I believe it's bank 3 and 4 you don't want, Three is on the right side of the road, four on the left side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2021 they are advertising all singles and handicap will be 25 targets per trap,four traps per bank. tuesday 3 banks & weds 4 banks will be available. Thursday thru sunday all 6 banks will be used.

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
After a long drive we pulled in to a new to me gun club . The grounds were immaculate.
I noticed everyone gathered around three traps and the two fields to the right there were no shooters.
We went inside to sign up and the lady said go to trap 4 its open and shoot now . I found out why .
The local shooters watched as we headed to 4 to shoot doubles.
The targets were so wild you couldn't even hit the first one .
The wind seemed like it was blowing in from two different direction's.
We found out why there was no waiting on 4 . The local shooters said that they don't shoot down there because the targets are terrible.
I will never forget how they set us up .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts