Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this under politics as well but I felt it was too important to not bring over to this thread.

If anyone knows more please feel free to pitch in.

New York Law Would Prohibit High School Rifle + Archery Teams

Bill A10428

1. NO PUBLIC SCHOOL SHALL OFFER MARKSMANSHIP AND/OR SHOOTING PROGRAMS.

2. FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, MARKSMANSHIP AND/OR SHOOTING PROGRAMS SHALL INCLUDE ANY COMPETITIVE AND RECREATIONAL SPORTING ACTIVITIES INVOLVING PROFICIENCY TESTS OF ACCURACY, PRECISION AND SPEED IN USING VARIOUS TYPES OF RANGED WEAPONS, SUCH AS FIREARMS AND AIR GUNS, IN FORMS SUCH AS HANDGUNS, RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS AND/OR BOWS OR CROSSBOWS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
I believe it is very difficult to unseat a Federal judge, but I could be wrong. I have a friend that is one & he is pretty much untouchable IMO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,175 Posts
I believe it is very difficult to unseat a Federal judge, but I could be wrong. I have a friend that is one & he is pretty much untouchable IMO.
You're correct. And when it is done (Alcee Hastings), they just run for and get elected to Congress.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
As a coach of 1 of the NY high school teams, I am so upset to hear of this. I found out Tuesday morning and have been sharing the email with members of our state ATA board of directors. I encourage ALL NY residents on this forum to contact your respective political representatives and ask them to fight this bill!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
It’s just a bunch of know it all liberals that feel the right to tell everyone what they can and can’t do. Guns are something they know absolutely nothing about so they should have no right even voting on something concerning guns. This just shows us the necessity of getting young people involved in the shooting sports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
why you guys talking about judges? It is the NY legislature that is going to pass this, not judges.

I agree, most judges in NY are liberal a-holes, but at least put the blame where it belongs right now.............
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,492 Posts
Who runs the schools. Supposed to be the taxpayers. Politations are supposed to carry out the taxpayers wished. Howeve if the people show no intrest of whats going on then they get what they dont ask for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
As much as I hate this legislation, on what grounds do you feel that a judge could overturn it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
622 Posts
to all of the people reading this especially Hippie , that don't know what it's like to live in New York State. 90 percent of New York land mass is inhabited by gun loving people and have bullshit laws like this crammed down their throats by the millions and millions of people that live in the other 10 percent of the state. We are forced into having a Governor from the city due to this and have to just suck it. you have no idea how frustrating it is to live in upstate NY. the only thing that get you through the day is fantasizing about having NYC made into a separate state
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,847 Posts
I would like to see the numbers comparing the injuries of those participating in H.S. football (or basketball or baseball) vs. H.S. shooting competitors. Also incidents of hazing, drug use, drunk driving, bullying, and/or sexual assault using the same comparison.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
As said above, forget about the judges, they have nothing to do with this. It is not a law, so judges have no connection at all. As was posted above, contact the appropriate legislators and let them know how ridicules this bill is. I doubt it will gain any traction, but don't take any chances.
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Top