Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I could take credit for this one.... but I received this in an e-mail this morning and thought most of my fellow shooters would enjoy this!

Years ago when I sometimes used unsavory language, I often used the expression "Bull Sh**."
As I grew up a bit and discovered it was not necessary to use such crude language, that expression became "BS."

What did I really mean when I used those expressions? I meant that something was ridiculous, idiotic, a half-truth, or just stupid. It covered any number or negative formats. The dictionary defines it as: nonsense; especially foolish insolent talk.

I have decided that I will no longer use either of those expressions in the future. When I have the need to express those feelings, I will use the word "Pelosi". I am making this recommendations after careful consideration of her many proclamations lately in the U.S. House - nearly all of her ideas and statements fall into my broad category I use to describe B.S.

Let me use it in a sentence. "That's just a bunch of Pelosi." I encourage you to do the same. It is such a good word. It really packs a lot of punch. We are no longer being vulgar but it clearly expresses our feelings. If enough of us use it, it's possible we can get the word in the dictionary. That would be an excellent legacy for the current Speaker of the House.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I personally like the Rush Limbaugh practice of referring to something dubious as a "bunch of Barbara Streisand."

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Here is the intelligence level of a jamesquinn;

"OICU812 doesn't know that the Dow was as high as $14,165, then fell to $7,553 on November 20, 2008."

You make George look brilliant, pal.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Have you heard the word "transparency" lately; heard that more than bailout? My definition of the word is: You're getting screwed without seeing it. Darrell

·
Registered
214 Posts
here's some trivia on words:

I like "son of a b" better. And a better way to express myself which is "Son of a Gun." If you don't know prior to the war of 1812, British ships would steal American salors and press them into slavery. To help prevent them from jumping overboard in a neutral port, they brought prostitutes on board. On a war ship the only discreet place was under the gun battery I think you can figure the rest out.

W C Fields was great at using archaic words, because of his foul language he was blacklisted from many threaters. When using old vocabulary, "like don't pull a Clinton on me", or "great Bealzubub, I 've been hoodwinked, or as sweet as mother's milk", he was allowed to publicly perform again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.