Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input/info on the newer Win. 101s. I understand they are made in Belgium . How do they differ (if any) from the original ones. Also weight difference. I am assuming the new one ones have screw in chokes. Are they standard bore dia. or over bored? Any info appreciated --Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great gun for the money! I had one (sold it to a member on here awhile back), it was my Doubles gun for a few years until I recently inherited my late Dad/Gpa's 3200 Trap Special. I did put a Mercury recoil reducer in the stock to even out the weight for me.

Enjoy if you decide to purchase one!
Happy Shooting!
-Larry, Founder
www.ClaysForACure.org
Clays for a Cure | Facebook

·
Registered
283 Posts
I see they are making a 32 inch trap o/u. I wonder if any one here has shot one, as it looks like a good deal. Winchester made good guns for a long time.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
At 7 pounds, any shotgun will kick like a mule when you attempt shooting 300 targets per day!! Sometimes, 25 will do the trick!!

HAP

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
they still kick. they will fold your ears back.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know the older model I had did seem to have an amount of felt recoil but, then so did my old Remington 870 TA. That is why I went to a custom stock and put a * Dead Mule recoil reducer on it. I am told the newer 101s with the over bore barrels seem to have less perceived recoil. Maybe they tamed that old mule a little!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts