Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am suggesting a new wad design that will help all of us. The wad should be aerodynamically design to travel with the shot string for at least 35 yards. The four petals should be designed to break off of the base of the wad at 35 yards and all parts of the wad should be colored fluorescent orange.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
886 Posts
Pat,

Have you gotten into the left overs from Wed. night???? :-}

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Pat, sounds like a job for NASA, I'm sure they could design what you want. But they are expensive enough now. Shoot for the moon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Pat while in Italy a few years ago I visited a cartridge manufacturer beside the Beretta factory.He was loading shells with something like a two piece wad where the first part of the wad seperated at about 20yds and the remainder seperated at about 45yds.These were supposed to increase range as the shot did not spread out until the 45yard range.I had a brochure but cant find it.Could get you an address in March as I hope to be back.
K

·
Registered
74 Posts
After the sorry round I shot this morning...a batch of cheater orange wads may help restore confidence.

Of course, we could really get creative and put a small spinner in the bottom of each of the cheater orange wads. The air could rush through the spinner and make a nice humming sound as it looses velocity below the speed of sound. Better yet, we could tune the spinner to sing "L O O O O O S S S S S T T T T T T T"

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
A piece of orange flavored target in each reload would permit claiming to have seen a piece to answer the evil lost call....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
814 Posts
Maybe we can get involved with the bailout,to make the breakaway petals. OBAMA will "GLADLY" hand out the money to help trapshooters feel better about poor scores. HELL!, They gonna bail out people that don't feel good about paying for the houses that they were entitled to. Pat, As always you have great posts. Bob Scott

·
Registered
814 Posts
Maybe we can get involved with the bailout,to make the breakaway petals. OBAMA will "GLADLY" hand out the money to help trapshooters feel better about poor scores. HELL!, They gonna bail out people that don't feel good about paying for the houses that they were entitled to. Pat, As always you have great posts. Bob Scott

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Also the break_away petal design has already been used. A skeet wad from many years ago incorporated this technique. Thus all one would need to do is repaint them. The last supplier of them to my knowledge was Ballistic Products.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Also the break_away petal design has already been used. A skeet wad from many years ago incorporated this technique. Thus all one would need to do is repaint them. The last supplier of them to my knowledge was Ballistic Products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.