Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I have just subscribed to this magazine. Hopefully, it will be more informative than the "Shotgun Sports" magazine that I am currently subscribing to. (Renewing my subscription to Shotgun Sports is out of the question)!! Ed

·
Registered
119 Posts
John ... I hope you have a great launch with your new magazine and stop playing with the freebieites of TS.com. Sooner or later they will see the light and when they realize what they are missing will join those that are truly willing to support there hobby and your magazine.

I wish you the best and will look forward to my first issue on the house so I can relish it as so many others will also.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe, just maybe some of the usual conspiracy theorists and otherwise ignorant posters here will just chill and let this magazine launch without all of the negative attitude you folks seem to thrive on.

Maybe some of you will actually digest the investment and commitment this publisher is making to YOUR SPORT of trapshooting.

Quit whining about a "free copy" before you can decide to subscribe. Quit speculating about how the magazine will mark up it's editorial content.

If you can't subscribe without a "free copy in hand", then shut up and wait until you can steal a look at a friend's issue...or the magazine's website when they post.

So, get out of your basements, go breath some fresh spring air and ponder the fact that someone is making a significant investment in your beloved sport of trapshooting -- a new magazine that you might actually enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Received my magazine and in my opinion it is excellent. Very informative and interesting magazine and am sure it will get better. Quality is very good.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Excuse me but where are they making a contrubution to our sport?? Are they sponsoring events, providing trophies, putting up purses? Just where is their investment other than to try and sell trapshooters their magazine?? Published every 2 months so the shoot result reports will be real current now won't they?? Gun tests, why not just go to a large dealer and test the guns yourself on the practice trap?? They are not putting one dime into our sport but are hoping to take out many dollars.

Geez I got a bridge over by Curt that I would like to sell some of you.

Don

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Your Copy of TrapShootingUSA Magazine!

You can preview the magazine by clicking on the blue 'read our launch issue' button at http://www.trapshootingusa.com. We hope you like it, thanks.

John

·
Registered
119 Posts
They will like it cause it is free but be prepared to still hear some groan and complain about this or that.

Heck before I even mash the button I'll say great job and keep up the great work that you do.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just went thru the Preview issue and have to say it is just as outstanding as their Clays Magazine, a fantastic read and covers a ton of interesting and useful articles for Trap shooters and of all ages...

Definately a major contribution to the sport of Trap shooting.

I believe this magazine will also help grow the Trap shooting game and the ATA just as it has Sporting Clays and FITASC..

A winner for sure...

regards

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I subscribed and just received my first issue yesterday. Some interesting stuff in there and a pretty nice read. Add in a 1 liner about the start up/remake of the LM6 O/U coming in the article on the Ljutic and it was worth it. I would have been more impressed in Tom Ceretto's article on 1 oz loads if the lead in picture hadn't been of card and felt wads. Lots of ads some of which show stuff that isn't yet on the manufactures websites. Oxo-Biodegradable wads by Downrange ????

--- Chip King ---

·
Vendor
7,445 Posts
if you took out grevvy-kiner-hoppe and hapless harry what else does t&f magazine give you other than shoot results and dates? i look forward to reading it but a magazine coming each month with useable info- where and how do you find that kind of fresh information??
we had the pleasure of visiting with frank hoppe at the spring grand after the bbq and he made the comment-its not hard to write an article after you figure out the subject or what to cover. i admire those guys for month after month -yr after yr- not sounding repetetive!! looking at a new trap magazine sounds like when we switched to new upbeat hymnals in church- " oh my - we cant do that"
and what an expense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the free look. Just browsing on the web it looks like there is plenty of good content. When I return to the States this summer I will give it a spin for a year.

MDK3280........Exactly.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Received my free copy in the mail today and was very pleasantly surprised.Theres more reading in just this one issue then a whole years worth of Shotgun Sports magazines!!!They have me for a subscriber and I cant wait for the next issue.This has been long waited for!

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Like many, I just received my first issue. Very impressive quality! Try it - you'll like it. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
723 Posts
Of 100% .....how much are dedicated to ADS? Anything under 50% might make me LOOK.Truth is 90% ADS is the DUMB NORM !But "Thats the way we make MONEY"

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think they should bump that price up to $8.50 per issue and throw in a box of shells with each issue. Shoot the box of shells and then write them a little note on how you shot and what you thought of the product. Then do an article on that particular brand. I have copywrited this so if it does end up happening I want some $$$$$$$$$ for the idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
to all the trapshooters out there...IWe have enjoyed there CLAYSHOOTING mag for quite some time the NEW mag is the finest you've ever seen compared to those other rags... if you saw a copy you would get a suscription ASAP Mark MG gunsmithing ..

·
Sky Buster
4,190 Posts
Received my first copy yesterday and was very impressed especially with
the photography. I believe this magazine will succeed. I dropped the ATA
magazine because it's nothing but shoot results.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.