Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Read it last night on Kindle. Interesting history, and some funny stories. Liked the part about Alaska especially.

·
Vendor
1,699 Posts
I ordered the hard copy as soon as I got the email from Steve telling me it was available. Not only do I want to read it, I want the hard copy.

Steve is a Hall of Fame trapshooter, former operator of both the famous Vegas and Anchorage trap clubs and is now managing the Clark County Shooting complex. His experiences will make for great reading.

I’m Steve wrote his book, we need preservation of our history.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I can understand Vegas, but why was the Anchorage trap club famous?

(I know, buy the book)...

·
Premium Member
Brownings
825 Posts
I bought the Kindle version today. I look forward to having time to read it.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Used to drive over to Steve’s old club with another shooter before the California State shoot. Steve would get us ready to go and then drive over with us and the Canterbury voice calls. Great times, great guy to hang out with. Really enjoyed the book. Got it, read it, probably will do it again.

·
Vendor
1,699 Posts
Sportshot- When Steve was running the club at Anchorage he had a few shoots where the trophies were donated by some affluent members and were such things as native-made items from jade and other "rare" materials.

He had nightly dinners of fresh seafood e.g. salmon, halibut, shrimp, etc and it was all on the house.

One year he combined the Western Zone and Alaska State shoots with the only overlapping event being the singles championship. This was one of the most fun shoots I ever attended.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Sportshot- When Steve was running the club at Anchorage he had a few shoots where the trophies were donated by some affluent members and were such things as native-made items from jade and other "rare" materials.

He had nightly dinners of fresh seafood e.g. salmon, halibut, shrimp, etc and it was all on the house.

One year he combined the Western Zone and Alaska State shoots with the only overlapping event being the singles championship. This was one of the most fun shoots I ever attended.
Anytime you can go to Alaska it’s going to be great ... trapshooting, fishing, hunting, touring ..what a great club to manage. He only had to work half the year, right? Six months of daylight, six months dark... . I did buy a hardback copy of Steve’s book today on Amazon. 312 pages of adventure. Definitely looking forward to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought the book and it was simple on Amazon. I read the look inside first and found that section very interesting so an easy choice. Steve has always had some great stories to tell!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Such a cool book. Just reading selected chapters one at a time. So many of our TS.com friends figured prominently ... Phil Kiner, Pheasantmaster.... many others I didn’t even know about. Sad to read about the demise of $$$ money in our sport and Steve explains the reasons very well.

Not sure I believe the part about the Lord’s Prayer engraved on the head of a pin, but the rest seems accurate enough ... haha , thx for the heads up on this Martin Wilbur, whoever that is?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts