Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am 43 second year trapshooting. Am shooting a Beretta 682 Gold E trap combo. Have heard other guys with different brand guns sending them back for annual maintenance. Do I need to worry about that with Beretta?

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Welcome to the group. Just some advice, you may want to change your name on here. With the internet being the way it is you would be better off using a sign on name. You will get advice on here that may be good or bad. Keep an open mind and I hope you have a sense of humor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the group. Just some advice, you may want to change your name on here. With the internet being the way it is you would be better off using a sign on name. You will get advice on here that may be good or bad. Keep an open mind and I hope you have a sense of humor.
If I could figure it out I would

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
When I first got my 682 combo I shot it a lot, 3 to 600 rounds a week. A couple of weeks after the one year anniversary when the warranty expired a little spring that allows the 2nd barrel to fire broke. Although I do not shoot as much any more, I have Beretta smiths go over my guns and change the little spring, every year when I attend the Grand American. I am currently shooting a 687 unsingle for singles and HCP. A 687 o/u for doubles. All 68x have the same action. The only difference is cosmetic.

If you keep track of the rounds shot. Do like West and have a smith check out the gun after 20k rounds. This can be at the Grand American or ship it to a Beretta smith. So I disagree with ganger. If you are shooting a lot, you should have your combo checked annually.

Jason

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,023 Posts
Welcome to trapshooters. Great place to hang out and packed with some of the best people and shooters from around the world!
As far as an annual, I wouldn’t consider that something to be worried about, rather an insurance policy or piece of mind that ensures years of reliability.
When we’re putting a thousand rounds per month, sometimes per week through these guns, it’s nice to know that the support is there whether we need it or not...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm fairly new here myself, and have read many threads from top to bottom. With very few exceptions, it seems like a good group and supportive of folks wanting to enjoy the sport and improve their shooting.

Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Am 43 second year trapshooting. Am shooting a Beretta 682 Gold E trap combo. Have heard other guys with different brand guns sending them back for annual maintenance. Do I need to worry about that with Beretta?
High volume shooters usually attend shoots that have gunsmiths on the grounds that can keep you going.
Good to have you here.
Henry

·
Registered
848 Posts
This is a good web site, but you may need to be like a duck sometimes - let some post slide off your back into the sewer. I'm 73 and back to trap shooting after about a 50 year lay off. Just picked up my Parker SBT gun from Dick Williams - they only charged me 75$ to replace a top lever spring. We shoot tomorrow - can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Welcome. I am the site Chaplain. If you need spiritual guidance, just let me know.

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
First Off Welcome to TS.com. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, and a bit of poor advice as well. Use your common sense when all else fails.

Have heard other guys with different brand guns sending them back for annual maintenance. Do I need to worry about that with Beretta?
All shotguns need service from time to time. Do you keep the oil in your car for 50,000 miles? About every 25,000 rounds you need to change the oil/grease in your gun and all the guns interior springs as well. If you do this you'll likely never have a broken gun on the line.

If I could figure it out I would
First off, see how deep your firing pin dents are on the primers on your fired shells. Ask the previous owner the last time he had your gun serviced? If he can't remember, its probably been to long. Don't forget to break em all Jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts