Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a Pacific DL266 in 16 gauge for a good long while and one has finally come in great condition and almost as new so am a very happy man…. As is often the case another reloader in 16ga came up at the same time so I have also ended up with a new (old stock) Ponsness Warren 375c. It has never been out the box and the bottles etc were still in the original packaging with leaflets inside. There is only one shell holder so the question is will this do for all case lengths? I have cases in 2 1/2”, 2 5/8” and 2 3/4” (for metric readers this equates to 65mm, 67mm and 70mm).
Also the metal crimp starter is 8 point. Are 6 point available? I have a PW metal 6 point in 12ga so can that be used?
Regards
Graham

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have a pw 375 and Im sure it can only work on 2.75 which would be the max stroke the machine will give. If I were to load 3" I have to short stroke the crimp, and pre crimp.
Ive always used the 8pt crimp starter on 6 pt hulls. Sometimes they even get converted:)
Worth a try. Also worth a try to use the 6pt 12 ga, and see what happens.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking on the Ponsness site it seems they sell a 6 point crimp as 12/16ga so am guessing it will work.
I will Mount the machine on the bench later and try some different size shells to see what can be loaded in the sizing die I have
thanks all
Graham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts