Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across this one last week at a pretty good price. I've been looking for a hunting O/U for a while now. I tried to pull the trigger on a few cheaper Turk/Brazilian guns, but just couldn't do it.. Anyways, I'm thinking of having it dipped & possibly Cerakoted. Were the stocks on the factory camo lightnings wood or synthetic?

Air gun Musical instrument Electronic instrument Trigger Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I came across this one last week at a pretty good price. I've been looking for a hunting O/U for a while now. I tried to pull the trigger on a few cheaper Turk/Brazilian guns, but just couldn't do it.. Anyways, I'm thinking of having it dipped & possibly Cerakoted. Were the stocks on the factory camo lightnings wood or synthetic?

View attachment 1802703
Nice gun I still own mine, it's not in that good of shape at all. Won a lot of trophies with.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The stocks on my factory Camo Citoris are wood. I’ve hunted with the Original break up camo and the Duck Blind camo ones for years. I have a Shadow Grass one that’s never been shot. Love them but as has been said about them the Dura touch does get sticky after a few years. But I’m with everyone else that says don’t have it dipped. It looks great !

·
Registered
222 Posts
Optimator -- I have 3 Citori Lightning models (two 20ga and one 12ga) from that era and both me and my son have shot untold numbers of clay targets, dove, rail, snipe, pheasant, prairie chickens, sharp-tailed grouse, crows, and a few ducks and turkeys with those guns. They are all original wood/blue and I doubt any of those birds noticed! Take it and shoot it!

Here's a photo of my son and a turkey he shot with the 26" barreled 20ga Citori Lightening ion 2001 and a limit of dove in 2002!

Good luck!
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Tree Luggage and bags

Dog Plant Goggles Military camouflage Carnivore

·
Registered
99 Posts

View attachment 1802703
They are wood, and yours appears to be beautiful. Do a search on TS for guys looking for info on removing the finish. It's darn near indestuctable. Unless you want a different look, leave it and enjoy it. They are great guns!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts