Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold it fast this morning to Bob in Minnesota it's boxed up and leaving today, he got a great buy on a new .45 !!!!

Thanks to everyone else who either inquired or made offers!

OK it's X-mas I'll sell her for $550 shipped to your FFL UPS insured!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
I have a Beretta 96 with 30 rounds through it- it has an action and trigger job- smothest firing Beretta I have ever tried

Trade for your Taurus 45?

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Gene thanks for the offer but I'm not much of a Beretta guy, so I'll pass on that. But hey maybe someone will see it and need to have it!!

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
40 SW- like I said- the action and trigger are the smoothest I have ever seen on a 92 series pistol

I also have a 308 BAR that I replaced with a 338 -- the 308 killed a deer at 275 yards last year but I am looking to trade that

any interest?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Thanks Gene. I was looking at maybe another 9mm. I like the way those Berettas feel in your hand. I have small hands and those Beretta's are one of the few full size that fit right. Can't use that big BAR in my state though for anything other than Coyotes and plink'n. Enough hi-jacking on my part. Sorry... Up for a good deal on a Taurus .45......

·
Registered
310 Posts
Chipmaker: I have a blued Taurus 1911 .38 super that is new in box which maybe we could work out a trade for your stainless Taurus 1911 .45. E-mail is best way to contact me if interested. Best regards, Art G.
artg_2008_0303_143.jpg

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Bob, you made a good buy. I bought two of those PT1911s two years ago and paid $612 each for them. They are loaded with bells and whistles and the only thing I suggest is a little trigger work, as they are fairly stiff from the factory.

The gunsmith who did our triggers was pleasantly surprised by what he found inside the guns. He said there were a few more tool marks than he would have liked to see but that Taurus had certainly come a long way in terms of quality. Ours are accurate and digest 185-grain hollow-point and 230-grain hardball factory loads as well as 200-grain lead SWC reloads with no stovepiping or other problems.

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.