Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Beretta AL 391 Parallel trap that I have been shooting ok but I am not getting the consistent rest on the stock that I would like to get. At this point I am thinking about either a new stock or having an adjustable comb installed and having a new rib installed. I was looking at a replacement composite stock with a soft touch but the gun just doesn’t kick that so I don’t feel that a soft touch is necessary. Any suggestions where I can go?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Pattern board, 13yds, see where gun shoots then adjust stock so gun shoots where your looking. shims, adjustable comb,adjustable butt plates.

If your not getting the consistent rest on the stock,practice,practice,practice your gun mount every day, you can not practice that too much.

Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I have a 391 with an adjustable comb. I had this installed because even with the highest stock shim I could not see over the gun. Rod's Custom did the install,he does great work,it solved my problem. I also have a 390 with Soft Touch's plastic stock and recoil system which has an adjustable comb as part of the package. I thougt the 390 shot soft until I shot the 390 with the Soft Touch, It's like shooting a BB gun, it's great. As far as gun mount is concerned, make certain the comb comes up under your cheek bone every time in lieu of laying your cheek on top of the comb, this should improve your mount.

Surfer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.