Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a new custom stock made, I had a flinch problem and had a Rad system installed, which did help me. If I had a custom stock fit to me will that cure my flinch problem? Or will I need a recoil system on the new stock? I am asking for a honest opinion before I spend thousands of dollars on a custom stock. Thanks for your help. Gordy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had Dennis Devault build my pattern stock in June. He will build my final stock this winter. Yes all appreciable recoil is gone. Best money spent so far.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
The custom stock should fit great and recoil should be minimal.
I don't think it will cure your flinch.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I rather doubt that a custom stock will cure the flinch. Probably will cause another one each time you reach for your wallet, thinking about how much money you spent on the stock.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You said you didn't like the release. How many boxes of shells did you try it for? Does your gun hurt you when you shoot it. A lot of flinches are not recoil induced.
It took me about 2 boxes of shells to get use to mine but I know it takes some others a bit longer. What will you do when the custom stock does not cure your flinch?
Hope you get it worked out , good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try the custom stock .
It's your money and money's just paper.
.......then buy a quality release trigger......and practice with it.
I bet you like it when the flinch is mitigated.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Custom stocks are nice. Recoil is only one cause of flinch. Like others have said give your self a chance with a release trigger, you may not like it, but it maybe the only way you can stay in the game. Buster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts