Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
61F189E3-BC4C-41A0-957E-76139A9230BF.jpeg
I have a BT-99 grade III. I was wondering if anyone knew or could recommend someone who could make a new set from awesome quilted
Maple. I’m a total sucker for fantastic wood. I’m in Utah, so if anyone knows someone local to me? How much does this kind of work cost? Found this photo on this site. Just wanted to show, this thing is beautiful!!!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I can't help much, but I am guessing people will want to know your budget in order to assist, both for the blank and for the stockwork.

I would imagine that if you already have a stock that fits well, it would be less expensive to have it duplicated than to have one fitted from scratch.

But that's a guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stock one fits just fine. I was just wondering about a price for maple. They could duplicate the stock I have.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Mike Mann of White Creek Gunstock Blanks who is a vendor here on trapshooter is a good place to start a search for a suitable stock blank. PM Mike and tell him what you're looking for. I've bought several blanks from him and have always been pleased.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
You can get a really nice piece of Maple for 250-600.00. Depending on the checkering and finish you’re looking at 2500 minimum. Expect to be put on a wait list because anyone that’s any good are real busy.
Doug

·
Registered
802 Posts
Phil Simms in CO is great but like others have said, when done you are going to have a very expensive BT-99.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The posters above all have comments right on the money. 2500+ on stock duplication and finishing. It doesn’t make much sense to buy a 200.00 blank have a 3000.00 bill from the stock maker to put on a 700.00 gun. Like putting lipstick on your sister. What are you going to do when it’s all done?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Sunflake, don't listen to any of this BS. It's your money. If you like Bt-99's, go ahead and make it the way you like. I put 4500+ into my 3200...Baker unsingle & thumbhole fitted stock. It's what I wanted and I have the only one like it!! Life is too damn short to not have what you want. I bet these naysayers all drove stock cars all their life. :147: BORING

·
Registered
691 Posts
If you simply want a duplicate of the standard stock configuration, someone like Wenig may already have it programmed into their duplicator. But buy the blank from them...

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
If you simply want a duplicate of the standard stock configuration, someone like Wenig may already have it programmed into their duplicator. But buy the blank from them...
Duplicators don't work like that, you need a pattern stock to work from. VERY few can do a 3d scan and CNC mill from that, but i doubt there is much difference in the price either way due to the cost of a 3d scanner and 5 axis CNC machine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
BT99's are common enough there could already be something that would fit your bill floating around and already completed someone might be selling. I know I didnt answer your question but just a thought...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sunflake, don't listen to any of this BS. It's your money. If you like Bt-99's, go ahead and make it the way you like. I put 4500+ into my 3200...Baker unsingle & thumbhole fitted stock. It's what I wanted and I have the only one like it!! Life is too damn short to not have what you want. I bet these naysayers all drove stock cars all their life. :147: BORING
He might as well send that BT to Holland and Holland or Fabbri and have the trigger converted to a side lock if he’s going to spend that kind of money on it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I, like you am absolutely bonkers in love with Maple stocks! Here's a few pictures that I really like:
upload_2020-3-5_23-55-29.jpeg

upload_2020-3-5_23-55-46.jpeg

upload_2020-3-5_23-56-4.png

This one is from Wenning

The finished stocks pictured above are approximately in the +$3,000 range.

I almost took the plunge about 8 months ago to get a custom maple stock made for my vintage TM-1, but the travel to be fitted would require 3-4 trips at least and the time to make & checker the sort of stock I wanted was +/- 6-12 months. I'm not a patient man so I decided against the project. If I could just give someone the money and take the stock home the same day...I couldn't do it fast enough!! But that only happens in my dreams!

I found S&S Stocks plus in MT, to be highly recommended by Cecil Freddi & many others and would seriously consider them for your project.

S & S STOCKS PLUS

42295 IRVINE FLATS RD. STE C POLSON, MT 58860

MIKE LUPOLD 406-250-3398

JON RAYMOND 406-270-2293

FAX: 406-883-6106

WEB SITE: Welcome -

EMAIL: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I, like you am absolutely bonkers in love with Maple stocks! Here's a few pictures that I really like: View attachment 1658347

View attachment 1658349

View attachment 1658351
This one is from Wenning

The finished stocks pictured above are approximately in the +$3,000 range.

I almost took the plunge about 8 months ago to get a custom maple stock made for my vintage TM-1, but the travel to be fitted would require 3-4 trips at least and the time to make & checker the sort of stock I wanted was +/- 6-12 months. I'm not a patient man so I decided against the project. If I could just give someone the money and take the stock home the same day...I couldn't do it fast enough!! But that only happens in my dreams!

I found S&S Stocks plus in MT, to be highly recommended by Cecil Freddi & many others and would seriously consider them for your project.

S & S STOCKS PLUS

42295 IRVINE FLATS RD. STE C POLSON, MT 58860

MIKE LUPOLD 406-250-3398

JON RAYMOND 406-270-2293

FAX: 406-883-6106

WEB SITE: Welcome -

EMAIL: [email protected]

Very nice. I think I’m going to have to make one now out of this one of a kind Silver maple Angel step.

Doug

58D68F49-9242-43BA-9087-CDE98DFB9304.png

1 - 20 of 28 Posts