Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to get on the Spolar website today, but most of it seemed blocked. I could tell it was new or updated.

Got home from work, and able to get to all the pages. It is nicely updated, and there is a page with "new products" which includes an L.E.D. Light, the magnetic shell seating head, and a new primer cup and bolt.

The website looks new and modern, gives it a nice feel. And the prices seem to have stayed the same!

·
Registered
837 Posts
The magnetic shell seating, and the new primer cup and bolt aren't new items per-se, - they've been out for a couple of years now.

The LED light is new, but those are starting to pop up on E-bay for the various reloaders. Haven't seen one for the Spolar yet.

But $100 seems too much. You can get the universal one for $20 shipped from E-bay :

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Honestly all the presses have sky rocketed in price. Some are better values to each person for different reasons....and we will not at all agree on that.

I put a book shelf behind my presses with a 4 foot long light under them. But I have a bright room as it is. I did the magnet thing myself. End mill, store bought magnets and glue. I pressed them in as well.

I think in some form every person that loads a great deal modifies a press to some extent. It causes a pissing contest here and that's why other than a few people I have not mentioned what I have done.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Getting ready to mount my Spolar to a new bench, called Spolar for some parts. Cole suggested adding the LED kit not yet listed on the website. 99.00. IMHO an Excellent addition to a already great press. This LED is a dedicated Spolar branded part that requires removing the head for installation. There's a keyway on the head & the LED panel (hard circuit board) is notched to the keyway so installation is simple & straightforward.
S1.JPG
s2.JPG

·
Vendor
1,256 Posts
Getting ready to mount my Spolar to a new bench, called Spolar for some parts. Cole suggested adding the LED kit not yet listed on the website. 99.00. IMHO an Excellent addition to a already great press. This LED is a dedicated Spolar branded part that requires removing the head for installation. There's a keyway on the head & the LED panel (hard circuit board) is notched to the keyway so installation is simple & straightforward.
View attachment 1515781 View attachment 1515783
Installed LED’s today. Nice feature.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That light up under the tool head is a great idea, will prevent the normal shadowing we experience from other bench lighting!

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So are the magnetic shell seating head, and the new primer cup and bolt, included parts on new purchase machines, or is it still an upgrade?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Only problem with the led is that you need to buy one for each tooling head - at $100 ea that’s a bit over the top

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Only problem with the led is that you need to buy one for each tooling head - at $100 ea that’s a bit over the top
If your changing gauge heads rather than equipping multiple machines you need only purchase the $ 79.00 LED panel as it unplugs from the power supply at the head making for an easy transfer.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
So it can't be removed from each tool head and placed on another?
No the LED module is backed with a heat activated adhesive. Once the LED disk is installed the directions require you power on the LEDs for 15 mins so the adhesive will better bond to the turret before reassembly.
I doubt they could be separated without damaging the LED board.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't have a Spolar but I have a similar light setup on my Dillon. It's a great accessory and I'm very glad I added it. The Dillon lights are in the $18-$35 range. Looks like Spolar really overpriced and/or over-engineered their solution.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I don't have a Spolar but I have a similar light setup on my Dillon. It's a great accessory and I'm very glad I added it. The Dillon lights are in the $18-$35 range. Looks like Spolar really overpriced and/or over-engineered their solution.
Spolar is built like a tank heavy & stable to last & so is their LED module. Their LED is a Spolar proprietary part & is also designed to quick disconnect should you change die heads for different gauges. I have other metallic presses that use the lesser expensive one size works for most led kits that work very well but they involve routing wires in & around the press turrets. The only wire on the Spolar kit is the power supply. Once the Spolar LED is installed except for the light is invisible & seems like your press left the factory with it.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
So is this light just another gadget or is it designed to help older shooters with declining vision.
I have a florescent light mounted behind and above my loader.
After my cataract surgery I have problems with light shining in my eyes. Will this help or hinder my vision.
It is an interesting product. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don’t have a Spolar, but it should help. I have a nice one on my Dillon 550 and it’s lit up like the sun now.
The way the Spolar set up none of the lights should shine in your eyes

·
Registered
431 Posts
This has been my only complaint with my spolar and to be honest my reloading room. I am lucky enough to work in a hospital and was given an old head lamp that has made loading with the limited light much easier. This will be ten times easier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts