Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
12,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad News shooters. I just left Walmart and found 2 Walmart 4-packs in the Winchester Universal 4-packs. This would normally be good news!!! But, I was shocked at the new prices, I had the clerk check it twice. The new price is $36.42 a 4-pack plus tax, or $9.75 a box for shells now at Walmart out the door. Needless to say, I left the 2 4-packs sitting on the shelf for other more needy shooters. I never thought the new shell prices would get this high. I'm still a bit stunned by this. I'm sure Federal shells will follow price. Since they have already announced a price increase. sigh. Not good news for target shooters this year and the foreseeable future. break em all jeff

·
Banned
243 Posts
I think the future is $9-10 for promo loads, and $150 for the premium shells going forward.

If the manufactures can ever get their stuff together to get decent inventory again, and you can buy in volume, prices might be a little better.

But the pricing we all enjoyed prior to all this is gone for good I’m afraid.

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
I have said this before. The days of $5.00 a box shells are GONE and they aren't coming back ! Shell prices have soared in the last few months and they will probably go higher. Target shooters will do one of four things ,Continue to pay MUCH HIGHER prices for new shells ( if they can afford it and assuming they can even FIND THEM ) , Try to get enough reloading components ( again at much higher prices ) to supply their shooting needs , shoot much less, or leave the sport. There won't be an option five ! .

·
Registered
307 Posts
Found some super targets at my local wal-mart along with a few boxes of federal field loads, didn’t check the price on st’s but bought 2 boxes of the federal’s for $9.48 plus tax. They were 1oz. 1290 8s that I shoot for helice. Good luck to all finding ammo you like to shoot. I was lucky enough to find my 1290 1oz. 7 1/2 AAs about a month ago at my local wal-mart, they had received 3 flats, darn the 3 box limit!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Like the corporate genius said on the other thread, he calls it game theory. The game is they will keep reducing the supply and raising the price until you quit paying it — and that’s where the game will end and the price will stick

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just bought 3 of the 4 packs of federal today for $30 + tax.
Yesterday
$100.00 a flat for 20 gauge or 12 gauge
$125.00 a flat for premium shells

I would venture to say that is were prices will stay for quite some time.
With inflation who knows what the future prices are going to be. Especially with the shortage of truck drivers and the increased price of fuel.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have said this before. The days of $5.00 a box shells are GONE and they aren't coming back ! Shell prices have soared in the last few months and they will probably go higher. Target shooters will do one of four things ,Continue to pay MUCH HIGHER prices for new shells ( if they can afford it and assuming they can even FIND THEM ) , Try to get enough reloading components ( again at much higher prices ) to supply their shooting needs , shoot much less, or leave the sport. There won't be an option five ! .
Option 5 - For me will become a 12 gauge "Trap" shotgun salesman.

·
Registered
29,884 Posts
Like the corporate genius said on the other thread, he calls it game theory. The game is they will keep reducing the supply and raising the price until you quit paying it — and that’s where the game will end and the price will stick
Just because you are ignorant doesn’t give you the right to call people names.

Behold.

Game theory is the study of mathematical models of strategic interactions among rational agents.[1] It has applications in all fields of social science, as well as in logic, systems science and computer science. Originally, it addressed two-person zero-sum games, in which each participant's gains or losses are exactly balanced by those of other participants. In the 21st century, game theory applies to a wide range of behavioral relations, and is now an umbrella term for the science of logical decision making in humans, animals, and computers.

Reactions: Regular_Agent

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was shooting 3gun when Obama was trying to get the ARs banned but I had planned ahead with ammo. Rifle ammunition went from $300 a thousand for American Eagle to a dollar a shot. Supply and demand. I doubt that we’ll see $5-6 a box for shells again unless we elect someone more conservative but even then the cost of things will take years under these circumstances to balance back out. IF food and the cost of driving doesn’t moderate then we won’t be worried about trap shooting anyway. Those that will be able to afford it won’t have many fellow competitors.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts