Trapshooters Forum banner

New Scheels flyer

2298 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Cold Iron
Doesn’t even mention any ammunition. Probably better than advertising stuff they don’t have.
Publication Book Art Book cover Poster
Reactions: T.E.N and Wazman
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,690 Posts
Doesn’t even mention any ammunition. Probably better than advertising stuff they don’t have.
They are the only place around Springfield with any ammo right now. Some trap and upland game loads and turkey loads. My dad drove up from Highland (90 minutes) because he couldn’t find any turkey loads anywhere. So at least they have that...

· Registered
6,408 Posts
The last time I was in Scheels they had an entire pallet of .380 Auto shells. Not even one box of 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 ACP. They had very little hunting ammo for rifles either but quite a few guns. The counterman said it’s hard to sell guns without ammo for them.

· Premium Member
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last time I was in Scheels they had an entire pallet of .380 Auto shells. Not even one box of 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 ACP. They had very little hunting ammo for rifles either but quite a few guns. The counterman said it’s hard to sell guns without ammo for them.
I stopped in there yesterday, it had been a while. Their gun selection was fantastic, as good as it ever is, it seemed. Lots of shotguns, rifles, pistols, and black rifles. Basically no rifle or pistol ammunition. Some hunting shotgun shells, no trap loads.

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,770 Posts
I stopped in there yesterday, it had been a while. Their gun selection was fantastic, as good as it ever is, it seemed. Lots of shotguns, rifles, pistols, and black rifles. Basically no rifle or pistol ammunition. Some hunting shotgun shells, no trap loads.
You'll see guns hitting the shelves with regularity as manufacturing is catching up. It's the empty ammo shelves that'll allow it to happen. Gun's no good without ammo.
Most of us realize that the gun's the cheap part. It's nowhere near being over.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
You'll see guns hitting the shelves with regularity as manufacturing is catching up. It's the empty ammo shelves that'll allow it to happen. Gun's no good without ammo.
It’s a lot like free or low cost computer printers. They make their money on ink.

Reactions: WadHopper

· Premium Member
5,199 Posts
I'm afraid you are right WadHopper. It's getting harder to find shot also. This sucks.

· Registered
6,259 Posts
They had about 5 bags of 9 shot and 2 of 7 1/2. $50
So did the Scheel's in Eau Claire, and they also had Small Rifle CCI reg. and Mag. , and Small Pistol CCI, as well as No. 11 BP caps; no 209s though, all limit 1 each. They also had PMC Bronze .223, 1 to a customer, so I grabbed that too. SWMBO bought 'her' allotment of 1 of each also. :)

· Registered
544 Posts
Last summer 4 of us looked into splitting a pallet of the Scheels made by Fiocchi shells. Couldn't get them down to $55 a flat they wanted closer to $60 a flat so we passed. That $60 a flat is looking pretty good right now.

Scheels here in town did get a pallet of 12 ga. in last month but it went in a couple of hours. No limit on shotgun ammo at this one. But all they have on the shelves is 28 ga. Almost enough to make me go out and finally buy a 28 ga. But then I would need another MEC 9000.

Couple of weeks ago they got in a good sized shipment of shot, was $44.95 a bag. I took 10 bags

Dogs like it when I go there usually pick up some more bumpers for them. I also got a flat tire on the way there when I picked up a roofing nail when I stopped at the County dump.

· Registered
544 Posts
So did the Scheel's in Eau Claire, and they also had Small Rifle CCI reg. and Mag. , and Small Pistol CCI, as well as No. 11 BP caps; no 209s though, all limit 1 each. They also had PMC Bronze .223, 1 to a customer, so I grabbed that too. SWMBO bought 'her' allotment of 1 of each also. :)
That was the first Scheel's I had ever been in. Drove up there to pick up a MEC 9000G from Gander when they were blowing them out and MEC was moving to the 200 primer tray MEC 9000GN. Paid $275 for it IIRC. Scheel's had a wooden bin on the floor full of shot for $9.99 a bag and it had just started creeping up to $12 a bag at most places. I packed the Ex Wife's Honda CRV with more than half a ton of it. Could hardly make it up the bluffs on the River coming home. Couple of months later the bearings in the transmission went out in it. But I got that shot at $10 a bag LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.