Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI...

Remington 870 .410 Turkey

With the right load, Remington’s new 870 .410 Turkey is a 40-yard gobbler gun.Remington
Improbably enough, the .410 is the hot new turkey gun now that Tungsten Super Shot has rewritten the rules of turkey loads. TSS 9 shot, where legal, makes the right .410 into 40 yard gobbler gun, which is great news for young hunters, new hunters, and any recoil-averse hunters. With a with a fiber-optic front bead and a rear peep sight, as well as a rail for mounting an optic, this new 870 promises to be a terrific choice. It has a full camo finish and comes with a screw-in turkey choke. $699;remington.com

Remington 870 Express Trap

Remington is now offering the 870 Express in a trap model.Remington
Remington introduces a dedicated trap version of the venerable 870 Express for 2020. As an SCTP youth trap coach, I used to plead with a succession of Remington shotgun product managers for a bare-bones, affordable trap gun for the growing number of kids who participate in scholastic trap leagues. I have no idea to what degree I convinced them, but there is now such a gun, and it looks like a winner. The new 870 Express Trap has a hardwood Monte Carlo stock, a 30 inch barrel with front and mid-bead, and three chokes to cover singles and handicap distances. And at this price, it’s in reach of almost everyone. $609;remington.com

Barnes Vor-Tex Expander Tipped Slugs

Barne’s new Vor-Tex Expander Tipped slugs shoot flat and flatten game.Barnes Bullets
A new addition to the Barnes VOR-TX line of ammunition are the Expander Tipped sabot-slug shotshells in 20 and 12-gauge. In a nutshell, they are controlled-expansion bullets for your shotgun, designed to deliver high muzzle velocities and flat trajectories, yet open up at comparatively low impact velocities to flatten game. Both 2¾- and 3-inch loads are available for anyone wanting to hard-whack anything from whitetail deer in shotgun only states to black bears and feral hogs anywhere they may be found. $15.13-$17.38 per 5;barnesbullets.com

Marlin 150th 444 Marlin

Marlin is offering these Anniversary-edition 444 loads for 2020 only. Get them while you can.Marlin Firearms
In celebration of their 150th anniversary, Marlin is offering a one-year limited-edition production run of ammunition specifically designed for the lever action rifles that have made Marlin one of the most iconic manufactures of lever guns in the world. This is the first time the Marlin brand has appeared on a box of ammunition, and may well be the last, so get them while you can. For 2020 only, the offerings will include .30-30 Winchester, .35 Remington, 444 Marlin, .45-70 Government, and even .22LR. Prices start at $13.87 for a box of 5 rounds of 22 LR and extend to $50 for 20 rounds of .444 Marlin ;marlinfirearms.com

Remington Model Seven Threaded Mossy Oak Bottomland

The new Remington Model Seven Threaded now comes in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo.Remington
Remington continues to expand their Model Seven lineup, and for 2020 they’ve added a new version of this fantastically lightweight and quick handling rifle. The Model Seven Threaded Mossy Oak Bottomland weighs in at 5.5 pounds, comes with a 16.5-inch barrel with 5R rifling, and has, as you might have guessed, a threaded muzzle to accept a brake or supressor. The stock is decorated in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo, and a 20 MOA Picatinny rail is included as standard equipment. And, yes, it is available in 6.5 Creedmoor. This compact rifle should be ideal for any hunter who loves a quick-handling rifle—and his hearing. $1,595;Remington.com

Marlin Model 444 150th Anniversary Rifle

Marlin Model 444 150th Anniversary RifleMarlin
One of the coolest production rifles you can buy this year is Marlin’s 150th Anniversary Rifle. The company has offered similar rifles out of their custom shop for years, but nothing exactly like this. The Anniversary Rifle will be offered in limited numbers and is chambered—as it should be—in 444 Marlin. It comes with a 24-inch, half-octagon/half-round barrel and a C-grade walnut stock with an S-style grip and vintage checkering pattern. The metal is a high-polish blue with an engraved receiver and lever. Skinner ladder sights and a commemorative box are standard. And for all this lever-gun glory, the price is a surprisingly affordable. $1,899;marlinfirearms.com

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was actually speaking with federal at one point about loading the .410 shells with #8 tss for people who have laws like we do here in NY. 8s are the minimum shot size, they seemed to like the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would think that a soft shooting semi in 20ga would provide low recoil and potentially higher success rate in killing Ol' Tom.

Edit - I missed the part about the TSS 9 shot - would greatly increase success. My bad.

BTW that Marlin is beautiful.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
FYI...

Remington 870 .410 Turkey

With the right load, Remington’s new 870 .410 Turkey is a 40-yard gobbler gun.Remington
Improbably enough, the .410 is the hot new turkey gun now that Tungsten Super Shot has rewritten the rules of turkey loads. TSS 9 shot, where legal, makes the right .410 into 40 yard gobbler gun, which is great news for young hunters, new hunters, and any recoil-averse hunters. With a with a fiber-optic front bead and a rear peep sight, as well as a rail for mounting an optic, this new 870 promises to be a terrific choice. It has a full camo finish and comes with a screw-in turkey choke. $699;remington.com

Remington 870 Express Trap

Remington is now offering the 870 Express in a trap model.Remington
Remington introduces a dedicated trap version of the venerable 870 Express for 2020. As an SCTP youth trap coach, I used to plead with a succession of Remington shotgun product managers for a bare-bones, affordable trap gun for the growing number of kids who participate in scholastic trap leagues. I have no idea to what degree I convinced them, but there is now such a gun, and it looks like a winner. The new 870 Express Trap has a hardwood Monte Carlo stock, a 30 inch barrel with front and mid-bead, and three chokes to cover singles and handicap distances. And at this price, it’s in reach of almost everyone. $609;remington.com

Barnes Vor-Tex Expander Tipped Slugs

Barne’s new Vor-Tex Expander Tipped slugs shoot flat and flatten game.Barnes Bullets
A new addition to the Barnes VOR-TX line of ammunition are the Expander Tipped sabot-slug shotshells in 20 and 12-gauge. In a nutshell, they are controlled-expansion bullets for your shotgun, designed to deliver high muzzle velocities and flat trajectories, yet open up at comparatively low impact velocities to flatten game. Both 2¾- and 3-inch loads are available for anyone wanting to hard-whack anything from whitetail deer in shotgun only states to black bears and feral hogs anywhere they may be found. $15.13-$17.38 per 5;barnesbullets.com

Marlin 150th 444 Marlin

Marlin is offering these Anniversary-edition 444 loads for 2020 only. Get them while you can.Marlin Firearms
In celebration of their 150th anniversary, Marlin is offering a one-year limited-edition production run of ammunition specifically designed for the lever action rifles that have made Marlin one of the most iconic manufactures of lever guns in the world. This is the first time the Marlin brand has appeared on a box of ammunition, and may well be the last, so get them while you can. For 2020 only, the offerings will include .30-30 Winchester, .35 Remington, 444 Marlin, .45-70 Government, and even .22LR. Prices start at $13.87 for a box of 5 rounds of 22 LR and extend to $50 for 20 rounds of .444 Marlin ;marlinfirearms.com

Remington Model Seven Threaded Mossy Oak Bottomland

The new Remington Model Seven Threaded now comes in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo.Remington
Remington continues to expand their Model Seven lineup, and for 2020 they’ve added a new version of this fantastically lightweight and quick handling rifle. The Model Seven Threaded Mossy Oak Bottomland weighs in at 5.5 pounds, comes with a 16.5-inch barrel with 5R rifling, and has, as you might have guessed, a threaded muzzle to accept a brake or supressor. The stock is decorated in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo, and a 20 MOA Picatinny rail is included as standard equipment. And, yes, it is available in 6.5 Creedmoor. This compact rifle should be ideal for any hunter who loves a quick-handling rifle—and his hearing. $1,595;Remington.com

Marlin Model 444 150th Anniversary Rifle

Marlin Model 444 150th Anniversary RifleMarlin
One of the coolest production rifles you can buy this year is Marlin’s 150th Anniversary Rifle. The company has offered similar rifles out of their custom shop for years, but nothing exactly like this. The Anniversary Rifle will be offered in limited numbers and is chambered—as it should be—in 444 Marlin. It comes with a 24-inch, half-octagon/half-round barrel and a C-grade walnut stock with an S-style grip and vintage checkering pattern. The metal is a high-polish blue with an engraved receiver and lever. Skinner ladder sights and a commemorative box are standard. And for all this lever-gun glory, the price is a surprisingly affordable. $1,899;marlinfirearms.com

Scott Hanes
Good post Scott. Thanks..

·
Registered
297 Posts
I see reviews from shot show all over the internet, but no one talks about Remington.
I'm obviously in the minority, but that's who I'm always curious about.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I imagine Remington introduced this 870 model to keep price down as an entry level gun for shooters. Adding bells and whistles like adjustable combs would for sure drive the prices up significantly thereby defeating the purpose of entry level. I think this is a great idea for a good gun. I plan on picking one up just for the giggles & grins. How can you lose? JMO Colonel

·
Registered
14,535 Posts
Is there really that much interest in 410 TSS turkey hunting, esp when the shells are $5-7 a piece?

Although Remington really didn't do anything spectacular w/ their 410, just screw choked, drilled and tapped, and camo dipped a gun they already had. It's too bad they don't offer a screw choked barrel for their regular 870 Express 28 & 410, esp now that the BPS 28 & 410 have been discontinued.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is there really that much interest in 410 TSS turkey hunting, esp when the shells are $5-7 a piece?

Although Remington really didn't do anything spectacular w/ their 410, just screw choked, drilled and tapped, and camo dipped a gun they already had. It's too bad they don't offer a screw choked barrel for their regular 870 Express 28 & 410, esp now that the BPS 28 & 410 have been discontinued.
Wow! I did not realize the price of these shotshells. This being said I viewed a couple of videos that showed some remarkable groups with TSS.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wow! I did not realize the price of these shotshells. This being said I viewed a couple of videos that showed some remarkable groups with TSS.
How many shells does a turkey hunter need. Ive seen shells worn thin from being cycled in and out of a gun year after year.

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
The Express 870 trap will be popular. Many of the gun clubs that sponsor AIM, 4H, or SCTP teams and their parents will jump at the price point and simple function of safety with these guns.

I might even buy one for pump gun sporting events.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts