Trapshooters Forum banner

New release system

1417 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Biged
Hey guys. I have a trap that shoots most Wednesday nights for a couple of friend. 5-10 people most Wednesdays. I also shoot myself about 3 days a week sometimes more. I currently have wireless outers releases and they are problem-some. It’s hard to beat when they are working especially when I shoot myself but I’m thinking of getting new wired speakers for the reliability of it all. I normally have one mic that acts up out of the 5. Cleaning , trying a new battery and wiping the pots and switching dip settings usually does it but I don’t want to be screwing with that with 10 people here to shoot.

Everywhere I’ve ever shot major ATA shoots it’s been Canterbury systems . Are they really the best for the money and should I just get a set of those? If so where is the best place to get them for the money? I should also say I’ve come across some spare speakers that work with wired Canterbury systems so maybe that’s more pushing towards them too.

Your input is welcomed before I spend $1500+
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I read though that. Seems Canterbury are the popular ones for wired. What about “where to buy them”. Remember, I’m not a gun club so a fundraiser or soup sale or chicken bbq isn’t an option. Looking for the best price around other than stolen.

· Registered
36,891 Posts

There are 463 results when doing a search on this forum using the word “erad.”

· Registered
13,535 Posts
We had a shooter here some years back. He was a die hard Trap shooter.

He swore ERAD's were the best wireless mic's to use for Trap. He had deep pockets and could afford the very best. Just make sure your buddies don't take home the mics around their necks. I expect this is their biggest negative? Good Luck on your choice. Do your homework, and pick the one that best suits your needs. break em all jeff

· Registered
525 Posts
Not a fan of BRB. We have had issues with the pull cords and switches to the extent they aren't used unless necessary. The plastic band he provides around the speakers to brace them all break. If you want braces on the mic's you are better off buying canterbury as they come with a metal brace band. We sent a control box back and it came back with a note that it "may" work. We are back to buying canterbury from Bob Schultz as he has faster turn around when repairs are needed. .............. not a fan of BRB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.