Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I shot a ton of lovex DO37.01(shooters world major pistol) out of my 9mm major open division gun for close to ten years, best powder I ever used in that application. My only issue was the lot to lot consistency was the worst of any powder I’ve ever used, sometimes almost 2gr swing for the same velocity.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I shot a ton of lovex DO37.01(shooters world major pistol) out of my 9mm major open division gun for close to ten years, best powder I ever used in that application. My only issue was the lot to lot consistency was the worst of any powder I’ve ever used, sometimes almost 2gr swing for the same velocity.
Good grief, a 2-grain swing when loading 9mm major is a scary amount of inconsistency. That’s like each lot is practically an entirely different powder! If someone wasn’t aware that they’d need to work up a new load for a new lot, it’d seem to be an easy way to blow up a gun!
(For those that don’t know “9mm Major” requires loading a 9mm to .357 mag levels to achieve bullet weight x velocity / 1000 = 165 or higher.)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Lovex are the go to powder found in Gamebore/Kent cartridges ! I have used quite a lot of it, with good results. And it is not expensive....

Reactions: Chichay

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
I think the Solo powders were made by these people. I seem to recall hearing Western rejected the last lot of it because it failed to meet their specs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have moved most of my pistol loads to Shooters World Powders. At almost half the price of powders I was using, it was a no brainer. I just finished my 9mm and 5.56 for the year with about 12K pistol and around 8k rifle. No issues and meters great.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Who sells this powder?
just to name a few

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's the one. Looks like they have some ammo in stock. I suppose that is good. Primers for reloading was probably never part of the plan, but the articles that covered them might have made it sound like there would be. Or maybe that was just wishful thinking by those of us who read it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts