Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one of those new Perazzi with the short rib and hooked thumb stock. Kinda liked the rib but the stock would get some use to. Perazzi not bashful about asking $10,000 for an O/U barreled gun only. Neat gun though.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Take a look back about 40 years and you'll see that Al Ljutic had that idea first. It didn't work then and doubt it will now.

Another Perazzi customer experiment. (like the TM9 and TM9X, nothing but a

$7500 TM1)

No thanks.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Dan didn't shoot the DB-81 as well as he shot his MX-3...You can speak to him at the GRAND.. He's working with Perazzi USA.. He'll quickly tell you his old MX-3 was the greatest gun Perazzi ever built.. for him.. Different people shoot different things better than others..

Now that the "short rib" has become an Italian idea..it will be much better received than an American idea in Europe and around the world..

With my failing eyesight.. this rib holds alot of promise for my future in shooting..I don't think Ljutic ever made a gimmick.. Just Al was thinking outside the box..

·
Registered
83 Posts
At Sparta, two(2) years ago, a Japanese Company had a add on rib that looked similar. That rib ran the entire length of the barrel, and was so high, that a person had to add a special comb to the stock, to see over the rib. Does anyone else remember that?

JoeZ

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
A squad of Asians shot in front of us with those and was accompanied by a cameraman and a sound man making a promo film for the manufacturer.

UUUUGGGGLLLLEEEE gun.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I call these high rib guns the "Brooklyn" model after the bridge of the same name. The stock looks interesting but the rib.... no way. Just bought a new MX8 Bunker gun. Flat rib, 1.53 KG, 29.5", Solid choke. No gimmicks for me.

TB

·
Registered
847 Posts
This Perazzi gun for American trap? Mmmmmm......
I don't know if it is going to work. I saw few of them overhere in Italy for double trap and nothing special about it. The best for American trap is still, in my opinion, the TM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.