Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to share the picture I took at the SHOT Show of the Short Rib model with you guys:

Reactions: SCO/C

·
Premium Member
11,864 Posts
OTOH, a lot of the Olympic trap shooters think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

We'll see if they catch on.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
on another board, there was talk about Perazzi coming out with a side by side....any word on this?

they were also suppose to announce any price increase for Perazzi guns at Shot (that was what Dan from Giacomo told me a few months ago)...any word on this as well?

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I believe they only use those for double trap which is a strange sport. I wonder how well they would work for ATA doubles.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Maybe they should have consulted with Al Ljutic on how these short ribbed guns sell in the U.S.? All this because one man shot one real well in bunker doubles?

I shouldn't talk though, I used a clothes pin on my old plain barreled squirrel gun to get my POI up. That worked too.

Hap

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Personally I don't care if it is ugly. If it shoots the way I want a gun to shoot(breaks them all)it can look like a pile of smoking doggy do.

They can say it looks like sh** it wouldn't bother me. This game is based on breaking targets not beauty contests!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
When shooters start winning with this style, you'll see a lot more people shooting them. But if they don't win, forget about it!

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you want to try one out it is a really easy modification to your current setup.

Buy a strip of balsa wood at the local hobby store. Cut to length (mid rib or shorter). Take a black marker to it and then tape it to the barrel. You may want to cut a notch for your existing bead. And a bead can be fashioned out of a small push pin or a piece of tubing from an aerosol can.

Do not criticize this modification until you have tried it. The shorty rib works really well. And you will not see the ramp at all, your eyes don't look at it.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"My concern is that there is no center bead like most trap guns, so it is hard to judge what your p.o.i. is going to be."

I know this may sound critical but beads have nothing to do with POI.

As an example I shoot a Beretta Combo at one time I had 3 barrels for the gun. A top single a bottom single or mono gun and a OU barrel. I you laid them on a table with the end of the barrels against the wall. The center beads were all a different distance from the end of the barrel. Yet the POI was the same on all three.????????????

Bob Lawless

·
Vendor
19,663 Posts
If I had a dozen, I could sell them all by 5PM. Trapshooters go nuts for anything they envision will make them better (or look better)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I shot one with a glove stock last fall. Two things I learned, the glove stock is everything its cracked up to be. It does force you to mount identically each time. Seriously wish I had one for my gun. The high/short rib is interesting. The few targets I shot with it I kept looking along the side of the rib while tracking the target and overshot most of the time. You have to force yourself to look down the rib and focus on the target. A big plus was it keeps your head up and I felt I had much better vision picking up the target. I'll bet it would take you a year of shooting to get used to it. Hal Hitchcock

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This concept makes sense if you hold any kind of high gun at all. It allows you to look below or through the barrel with less distoration. My personal opinion would be Perazzi might be able to shorten the rib even more and still accomplish the same goal.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.