Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perazzi brand is on top of my list, I am a huge fan but... I am not sure about this new design direction. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
I consider Perazzi is the Rolex of shotgun, there're very few others from higher breed (English or Italian) but it's the most practical daily user in the top tier category.

There's nothing really "High Tech" about it, DT11 is more high tech than this.
Besides it's Too RED for my taste. :)

Reactions: bossbasl

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm looking at something similar for my 3200 Comp, but not red. Do it with enamel paint, trim off with a flat edge, then clean with mineral spirits.

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Would depend if its paint or something baked in. If it's some type of paint, acetone should take it right off.

Still not exactly clear on what makes this "Hi Tech". It's a MX8 with a slightly different stock and forend design, different rib, and different cosmetics on the receiver. NONE of which can even vaguely be considered Hi Tech.

How about an fancier PFS-style stock that is completely user adjustable (something a little more visually pleasing), user interchangable ribs, adjustable POI on both barrels, user adjustable trigger pulls, replaceable breechface, increased modularity of parts, ect. Well, I guess none of those can really be considered Hi Tech either, since they've all already been incorporated into a variety of guns 10-30 years ago...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Personally, I don't like the direction the company is going since the death of Daniele in 2012. The MXS and now this, why? Make what you have even better and bring back the Mirage and Live Pigeon Guns. Smoke, mirrors, marketing, is not what made this fine company and products.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Perazzi is not Beretta.
It's not easy to spend a large amount of money in R & D for a company that only sell 1500 guns a (recent) year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Perazzi brand is on top of my list, I am a huge fan but... I am not sure about this new design direction. What do you guys think?

This is NOT high tec. I would much prefer Perazzi returning to the quality of their 70000 -80000 ish serial numbers. I too do not much like their direction since DP passed. Too ''supermarket ''for me .But it they still produce the best Trap gun available for International disciplines.....imho SteveB

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So... I shot a couple of boxes of AA (1oz 7.5 1180fps) through Perazzi High Tech demo gun at the Nationals this week. Al from Perazzi USA was nice enough to lend me one in sporting configuration with 32" barrels and fixed chokes M/F. The gun fit me OK, not nearly optimal but, in any case, here are my initial impressions:

- Good
Excellent point-ability, I hit every target I pointed that thing at with a very little effort. Reverse-tapered rib is fantastic and produced very interesting sight picture, i.e. both sides of the rib appeared to be parallel, no visual taper. Gun was very well balanced, heavier receiver felt good between hands, 32" barrels were easy to swing and control. Loved the grip on that particular specimen as well but... that is quite personal, of course.

- Bad
Recoil was just unbearable, way-way too much but... I am fairly sure it's due to less than optimal fit. Still hated the letters on the receiver. Didn't like the shape of checkering and weird crease on the stock either, both of which looked out of place.

Overall, it's an unmistakably a Perazzi. Interestingly, I met Wendell Cherry at Perazzi USA shop, who was about to pick up his custom-built High Tech as well. He said, he likes it a lot. If I could order one without lettering, traditional checkering and a better wood, I would go for it. Meanwhile... I will enjoy my MX12L :)

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
That's right up there with barrel decals.

At least you can peel off decals. You'd need a grinder or a welder to get rid of the h-t.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts