Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would everyone think with this data and compared a reduced charge of Longshot, maybe 30-31grain. Where would you estimate the pressure to be? Even with it at 10,250psi in a 3”, I wouldn’t expect it to jump more than 3,000psi if moved to a 2.75” hull. 30-31grain of Longshot may eliminate the need for an over powder card, in a 2.75” hull? BPI loading BB steel gives room for smaller shot, steel 1’s, 2’s, or 3’s to be an effective 1oz steel load. I’ll load some in 3” and 2.75”. This may be better suited for warmer weather hunts. Useful for steel required target or dove fields with smaller shot as well.

Thoughts?
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I loaded a few, the unfired 3” Fio hulls / Fio 616 primers, and 2.75” B&P hulls/Ched primers. The 2.75” with 31grain of Longshot fits well, MG42 is a bit tight. I loaded a few Cheddite hulls in 2.75” as well. The mg42 fits a bit better. In the Fio and challenger (Cheddite) hulls. I’ll pattern a few soon.
F
Hood Audio equipment Automotive tire Cosmetics Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Audio equipment Automotive tire Cosmetics Automotive design

Hood Audio equipment Electronic instrument Auto part Automotive design

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don’t have them tested make sure to use a 3 1/2 chamber gun SAAMI is 14,000 psi. But, then you are still guessing on the psi of the 2 3/4 load.
Precision had the data:

2.75" 12 ched
Ched 209
29.5 g longshot
mg42 wad
1 oz steel
Fold
1485fps @ 11,480 psi

other varieties out there.

Bump down to 27.5gn in STS/GunClub hulls.

Should make for a good early season goose load, teal load, or steel required dove load. I’ve heard a few guys have Longshot, can’t find Steel Powder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts