Trapshooters Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
New member from FL here. A friend brought me to a local club three weeks ago that has trap, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays. He’s a competitive skeet shooter and wow I’m hooked! The past three weeks we have shot 3-4 rounds of skeet and a round of sporting clays every Wednesday. I’m a competitive long range rifle shooter and now this is breaking into my time and funds but I’m really enjoying it. Looking to learn a lot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello. Ive shot over a spring thrower and a little with the red hand throwers. This year at pert near 40 ive started gunsmithing school and joined the trap team. Monday will be my 7th and 8th round of scored trap and Tuesday Im going to Alexandria mn for 2 (4?) more. The last of the yr. Championship or some such ?
I look forward to getting to my 50th post to purchase in the for sale section.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Was just on here looking for the reloading and ammo availability news after being out of the loop for about 5 yrs and decided to join. Ya got a lot of useful info on here. About 65 yrs ago was born on a farm with a rifle and shotgun range on it. Shot my first clays in mid 60's. Pretty much shot most pistol, rifle, shotgun,and archery competitions in the past. Earlier this year decided to go back to shotgunning. Mainly shot a 682X for last 25yrs (rebuilt 2x's) so to save it for trap,zz,flyers, I got a 694 Sporting for skeet and sporting. Working well. Have a combo Trap,skeet,wobble fun shoot under the lights tonite, now i don't know which one to use or both???
Decisions decisions!!!😆

·
Registered
Browning XT Trap
2 Posts
Well, I guess I will join in on the fun too. I have been a member on this site since 2012 and started shooting then as well. I went and took a NRA shotgun coaching class and currently a Level 2 coach. I currently coach a High School trap team and have had success in that area. I have always browsed around on here but have never posted anything. Look forward to conversing with you guys on here.

Reactions: joe kuhn

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Howdy everyone!

I started shooting trap about two years ago. It has been a fun change from rifle and pistol competition.

I have been using a cheap pump shotgun, but managed to blow the choke out of it last week (using factory ammo). I decided to come here to become educated on good trap guns so I don't make a bad buying decision - and boy am I becoming educated (drinking from a fire hose,,,).

I'm enjoying the site, and thank everyone for letting me be a part of it!

·
Registered
Perazzi TMX/MX2000
47 Posts
Just joined and want to say hi. I have been a long time trap shooter but only began ATA trap shooting 2 years ago. I retired from work a couple years and had a little extra money so I'm doing now what I couldn't when my kids were home. I'm sure I will enjoy the form. Jerry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello all, I have already been enjoying and learning so much on this site. As a latecomer to this game of trap I'm 62 years old and started about 2 years ago, shot rifles hunted elk and bear and mulies, pistol-steel and target, shotgun hunting, deer, birds, ducks but just toyed with trap and skeet, now I'm hooked on trap and it has overtaken any and all my pass times. I can't get enough info. This site is making me stop by morning and night
Thanks to all bubdonna

·
Registered
6 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Recent new member. Have been reading the posts for about two years. Very avid trapshooter and attended my first Grand this year. What fun that was and met a lot of very nice people. I started shooting trap in high school, I worked at a local club as a trap boy and puller, yeah, long time ago. Love shooting puff poodles out on the prairie, though takes time away from shooting trap. User name is my Illini Indian name. Love reading posts and have learned alot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, new to this site. I’ve gone shooting clays more in the last 3 months then I went to play golf and I still stink at both. Oh, well I keep trying. Found this site looking for information on beretta o/u and found some good posts so I registered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there! New member here. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone. Over the years I’ve bought and sold multiple guns. Right now I shoot a Beretta 686 that I got a crazy deal on and couldn’t turn down.

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,417 Posts
A warm welcome to my buddy @008white.larry
Larry is a seasoned trapshooter with a wealth of not only shooting knowledge, but running a small club and hosting many successful turkey shoots and leagues.

·
Banned
1 Posts
New member here from Texas and I’m glad to be a member of this great forum ACTUALLY I AM A SCAMMER AND GOT CAUGHT BY THE MOD TEAM AND MY GOAL HERE WAS TO SCAM THE MEMBERSHIP OUT OF THEIR PERSONAL INFO AND FUNDS.

I WAS ROUTING MY INTERNET THRU NIGERIA

·
Registered
56 Posts
New member from Colorado. I've been a USPSA, 3 Gun and Long Range guy most of my life. Most of my shotgun work has been Ducks and Upland game. I started shooting trap a couple of years ago and have been having a pretty good time. I'm not particularly good at it but I enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,417 Posts
Welcome, pull up a chair and join the conversations.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts