Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Administrator
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On behalf of site ownership and the mod team I would like to welcome all new members logging in to Trapshooters.com

I encourage all of you to explore the site to its fullest and if you have questions please message myself of one of the moderators, Harv Shell or V10.

Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to the forum and let us know what your TRAPSHOOTING interests are :)

The homework part is this, I ask that new members read and acknowledge the rules for using the Participating Members Classified Section including the Want to Buy/Want to Trade and the For Sale by Participating Members Section.

The Rules and Guidelines are located at the top of the For Sale by Participating Members Section.

Again thanks for logging on to Trapshooters.com, enjoy the forum and if you have questions let myself or the Mod Team know. George/Site Admin. and fellow trapshooter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
New Member as of 7/27, been an off and on recreational trap shooter since just after high school in the late 70s. First Registered targets were at the MT State Shoot in 2020. Still shoot pistol and rifle competitions, but there is something great about shotgun (especially pheasants and ducks). Also enjoy skeet and sporting clays. Great sport, and this Forum comes highly recommended.

·
Administrator
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Member as of 7/27, been an off and on recreational trap shooter since just after high school in the late 70s. First Registered targets were at the MT State Shoot in 2020. Still shoot pistol and rifle competitions, but there is something great about shotgun (especially pheasants and ducks). Also enjoy skeet and sporting clays. Great sport, and this Forum comes highly recommended.
Welcome to Trapshooters.com if you ever have forum questions let us know. THanks George

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Clay targets get along a bit faster than those paper or steel plates (my center-fire favorite)! A few months of trap and the ducks and grouse will seem easy. Great sport with more moving targets! Enjoy the site, lots of really good minds here (good shooters too!). ;)

·
Administrator
8,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see we just have a plethora of new members flocking to this thread and checking in, do not be disappointed or up set if you did not check in on this thread and did not read the rules for using the Member Classified section and you catch a ban.

Also keep in mind that creating 2 accounts to achieve circumventing a ban will result in both accounts being permed. Keep in mind this is a TRAPSHOOTING FORUM and not a video game.

Welcome to Trapshooters.com enjoy the forum and if you have questions please feel free to message myself or the mods Harv Shell and V10.

Thanks George MT./Site Admin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I have decided to join the community as I am getting back into trap shooting. I shot trap recreationally for a couple years in high school with my 870, and as It goes, I started getting busy and eventually quit going. I've hunted pheasants in northern Iowa for a long time and have had many other hobbies including archery, pistol, and rifle shooting. I tend to go all in when I get into something new and I expect this to be the same, so I figured I would join and get the advice and opinions of the knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
New member here, in western Washington. I have shot trap/skeet casually with my dad in the past, and recently we both joined a club that is about half way between us. It has been a great way to spend time with my dad doing something we both enjoy. We also volunteered at RSOs at the club, and try to work there as often as possible (it is all volunteer run). I would also like to get into fowl hunting this fall, so I can put the skills to practical use. I've met some friends at the club who have been helpful and offered to take me hunting. Overall, I've found the shotgun sports community to be very welcoming and helpful. Same goes for the folks on this site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gooood Morning!!!!!!! I'm pretty new here (few hours) and new to clay shooting as well. Located in central Florida and have found this new hobby I'm totally enthralled over! I have never shot a trap or skeet session, but do shoot 5 stand and sporting clays 2-3 times a week. I typically shoot pistol and rifle but that seems to have taken a back seat lately. The new MEC sizemaster is keeping me in shells and I originally wanted to join this community to research a proper gun for myself. I have a couple that do ok but nothing that "fit" ME. I am no where near the required 50 posts needed to buy anything from anyone but hope to get there soon. I would welcome any an all suggestions / knowledge you folks have to point me in the right direction regarding firearm choice. TIA

·
Registered
52 Posts
New member here, in western Washington. I have shot trap/skeet casually with my dad in the past, and recently we both joined a club that is about half way between us. It has been a great way to spend time with my dad doing something we both enjoy. We also volunteered at RSOs at the club, and try to work there as often as possible (it is all volunteer run). I would also like to get into fowl hunting this fall, so I can put the skills to practical use. I've met some friends at the club who have been helpful and offered to take me hunting. Overall, I've found the shotgun sports community to be very welcoming and helpful. Same goes for the folks on this site.
I started trap shooting with my Dad, and now miss him terribly. Enjoy those moments.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Some of you will know me from the SGW forums. Thinking of getting back into Trap after leaving it for Skeet in 1986. They are closing my home club at Hill AFB, UT and I won't have anywhere to practice Skeet. There are 2 Trap Clubs close by so I'll probably start shooting registered Trap starting in September, 2021. First step will be to research all the Trap Combos from whuich to choose from. 😁

Reactions: Dustydoo

·
Registered
3 Posts
On behalf of site ownership and the mod team I would like to welcome all new members logging in to Trapshooters.com

I encourage all of you to explore the site to its fullest and if you have questions please message myself of one of the moderators, Harv Shell or V10.

Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to the forum and let us know what your TRAPSHOOTING interests are :)

The homework part is this, I ask that new members read and acknowledge the rules for using the Participating Members Classified Section including the Want to Buy/Want to Trade and the For Sale by Participating Members Section.

The Rules and Guidelines are located at the top of the For Sale by Participating Members Section.

Again thanks for logging on to Trapshooters.com, enjoy the forum and if you have questions let myself or the Mod Team know. George/Site Admin. and fellow trapshooter.
New member here. Have shot trap then skeet and sporting clays for 20 some plus years. Main venue now is trap. Joined site to learn and also market ads for available items. Scores not consistent. Main focus is to improve with hopefully wisdom comments from experienced top shooters. Rob T

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all.
I am 62 yo and started shooting trap 6 months ago. Have hunted birds for many years. Am having a blast, but woe is me. Have shot 3 25's but will lose my mind and shoot a 15. I guess practice and more practice is the answer.
Looking forward to making friends on this forum.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Congratulations on your 25s, and welcome to the board.
You have come to the right place. Many of us can surely help you turn those perfect scores into something else🤯
All joking aside plenty of great information and help abounds here.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts