Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those unaware...

Effective yesterday (Monday, Aug 2nd) Illinois' governor Fat @SS announced a mask requirement for State of Illinois buildings. That includes the Events Center at Sparta where signs were posted.

DON'T shoot the messenger, please.

· Registered
370 Posts
Time to reopen talks with Linn Creek.
Linn Creek was a great venue last year, attendance suffered only because of COVID. MTA has the property to expand, the supporting infrastructure is there and Lake of the Ozarks is one of the most underrated areas in the country. When the ATA least expires it'll be interesting.

· Premium Member
1,153 Posts
I was there today also. Never seen anyone anywhere wearing a mask----------as it should be.
How about we keep this just between us shooters so’s that word doesn’t leak out and someone tries to make an example of our group?!! Just shut up and shoot!! And enjoy!!

· Registered
3,192 Posts
Why would you want to breathe your own backwash???
Can you smell bar-b-que smoke through a mask????? A virus cell is much smaller....about like using a chain-link to keep out mosquitos.....but, hey, CNN has to be gospel.....m

· Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Like many here, I am totally against being forced to wear a mask. But a nurse in our Friday brewpub group told me this: A mask is like clothes, if you are wearing clothes and start to whiz, only people close by might get wet. If they are also wearing clothes, these is virtually no chance of them getting wet. But if you are both naked, everyone gets wet. I am not saying this is a reason to wear a mask, just a cool way for her to state her point.

· Registered
494 Posts
Like many here, I am totally against being forced to wear a mask. But a nurse in our Friday brewpub group told me this: A mask is like clothes, if you are wearing clothes and start to whiz, only people close by might get wet. If they are also wearing clothes, these is virtually no chance of them getting wet. But if you are both naked, everyone gets wet. I am not saying this is a reason to wear a mask, just a cool way for her to state her point.
That is actually a piss poor example. ;)

· Registered
60 Posts
The signs were up the Friday before as well when I was registering for AIM. The only masks were staff members. And by Tuesday most of them weren't worn over the face....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.