Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen them- but even the 30,000 dollar versions have choke tubes as displayed at the shot show

I told the factory guy that it was odd to see one of those guns with choke tubes and no factory fixed choke options

The Ohio operation is up and running and taking orders

Probably better steel and much better machine work than the originals but still some hand finishing and of course engraving

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
433 Posts
My guess is that the "Old ones" have broken more clay than the new ones ever will, regardless of advanced metallurgy and machining skills.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a basic link but they are far beyond this in the production cycle now- just looking at what they had on display

We all should applaud the effort it took to get this off the ground again and save one of the oldest names in gunsmithing.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
The sad part is Bill Mains was engraving the new Ithaca guns for them he sure will be missed. He also engraved some of the old trap guns.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Was with Mr. Bill Mains in Ohio last year...Out from under the table came the New #5,#6 and a #7 He was Working On...Fabulous Work...Very Sad Ending to a Rebirth of a Great Gun.
I am sure that Some will be Available Soon.
Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Some pictures of the new trap guns at the above site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.