Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumor mill reaches even far away deepest darkest Africa.

Heard a rumor from a reliable source there is, or soon will be, a new manager at KCTA. The name being bandied about is one well known in ATA. Indeed, a superstar of the ATA.

Anyone care to corroborate this tidbit of information?

Or is it just that...an unsubstantiated rumor.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Received a letter from the club yesterday. It is true as of January 25th Rachel Hopkins is the new manager of KCTA.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Wow....I'm going back to shoot KCTA this year if this it true. Couldn't get my travel buddies to go back to KC with the first Gipson replacement. This is a positive decision by the boardmembers. Ataboy's

Maltz

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yep got my letter yesterday stating Rachel is going to be the new manager. I wish her the best & will try to make some of the shoots this year.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Rachel will definitely make changes. Her and her family have been active for years in trapshooting and the ATA for years. Expect changes for the better.

Just in case someone wants to know where KCTA is, it is near the Smithville Lake north of Kansas City Missouri.

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to have it confirmed.

I wish the best of luck to Rachel in this new endeavor. She kind of grew up there, so it's kind of a homecoming.

She's pretty young to be taking on such a big responsibility, and big shoes to fill.

Hopefully the members will support her and make it as successful as it has been in the past.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Congratulations Rachael! This a great time to give the "crusty old ATA" a much needed big shot of YOUTH!! You go girl.. .....merlyn

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah right Hauxfan, I had the pleasure of shooting beside her in an Iowa shootoff a few years ago. Very nice young lady. I wish her the best. Shootlow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts