Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently stumbled across some opinions elsewhere that after the upgrade around serial number 20K until the late 90's(upper 20xxxx) are considered superior in workmanship and the metal is of higher quality.I have had one prominent gunsmith tell me personally that he preferred the 20K serial number guns for overall quality in hand fitting and the crispness of the triggers. His opinion is that when krieghoff upped production to more guns some quality was lost...

Flame suit on.......just asking for opinions.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I used to own an older style K-80 serial number around 25,000. It was a great gun with good triggers. I now own a K-80 trap special and the triggers have given me nothing but trouble. I've sent it back to Krieghoff once after the trigger broke. It worked fine for a while, now the dam thing is starting to creep and pull through again. I guess it will be making another trip to Ottsville soon. I just wish they would fix it so the trigger would work good for more than 3 months. I'm not the only one who's had the same problem either. A couple of guys I shoot with had the exact same thing happen to their K-80 Specials.

·
Premium Member
10,397 Posts
No difference - other than odds and ends - for example there were once some hammers made that were a little brittle apparently- too much hardening=- so some cracked--

But quality wise- no difference and for pull trigger shooters no difference

Some of the earlier release trigger designs were not as good and the hammers have tended to get wider

That is why they say they make evolutionary changes

Regards from Iowa

Gene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.