Trapshooters Forum banner

new hydraulic mec 12ga

1498 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  JACK
thinking about replacing my old hyd mec with a new one any opinions
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,994 Posts
I assume you are wanting a 9000HN hydro. Only different features on the upgrade, sizer, 200 count primer feed, and the shell advance, and the shell exit after staion 6. I did what you want to do 21 years ago. Bot all gauges,(12,20,28, and 410. Replaced all 650 hydro's, and kept the pumps.

· Registered
735 Posts
I have a 9000h I got used its from early 90s it was rebuild at mec once it is wore out im goin to have mec look at it. But I bought a new 9000H I had a problem with my crimp die it was bent and crushed 3 shells out of the first 75 I replaced it with my old one and have loaded 7 flats with no problem and will be loading 4 more flats this week. It is a good press the new hydraulic pump is a lot quieter then the old one. The price is is about $1200 for a new one. Get the new 9000H and fix ur old one.a different load for each press. I was looking for a 9000G but none to be had so I got the H and glad I did ill never go back to a 9000G for volume loading.

· Registered
735 Posts
The only thing I don't like is the adjustment on the 200 primer tray. It is not as adjustable as the old ones. I have primers that sit on the plate and have to remove the shell and put the primer in the seating stem

· Premium Member
224 Posts
its not working well
A friend of mine was having problems with his old hydrohalic. He was seriously thinking it was worn out and buying a new one like you. He called MEC and they advised shipping the loader and hydraulics back to them. They adjusted, replaced parts and shipped everything back. He saved a lot of money. Have you called MEC regarding the issues you are having? Suggest while talking with MEC asking them a range of repair costs and shipping this is everyday event for them. Shipping everything isn't easy or cheap however going to UPS or Fedex helps. While my friend setup was at MEC after a couple of weeks he called and inquired when it would be returned. MEC customer service said that they a unusually high number of loaders to repair while having a reduced number of workers due to Covid because new and old shooters are using or buying old loaders. By the way, he is very happy with his old repaired loader.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.