Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

I just wanted to update everyone on the progress of the new houses being built at the Pikes Peak Gun Club for the 2014 Colorado State Shoot. All 5 of the new houses have been poured and the roofs are being prepped.

Also, all new lighting has been installed on 6 fields and the bunker trap.

Planning for events, added money, dinners, and the such is moving right along.

Thanks to the whole trap committee and volunteers for their dedication and hard work.

Gene

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is looking good, so I have a ? For you guys, what way are the houses facing? I should be down there to shoot the state.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bugman---- Facing North. Some slightly North by North East.

Thanks for all the kind words, Guys. We're really looking forward to having all of you there.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
I really enjoyed belonging to this club when I lived in Colorado Springs for only one year. Great people and shooters and surely better than the Delta Trap Club for the State Tourney. Good luck!!!

blade819

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
SongDogSniper:

The new trap fields are looking good. Did you simply add on to the existing line in a single row? I saw the mountains in the background and it looks like maybe the line was added in a horseshoe fashion and facing west. Just curious is all and I'll be there for the State Shoot this summer. You guys put on a good shoot and wish you all the best. Duane

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duane----

They just extend off to the west in line. The new houses face north by slightly NE. If you've ever been down to the west end we added 4 on the end and 1 where the 5-stand was. 5-stand was moved to up between the gate and our new bunker.

We can't wait to show it off to all of you. Come on down for one of our shoots leading up to the State.

Gene.

·
Registered
874 Posts
When you pour the walks have you considered a 15 1/2 yard line? It would make a perfect spot for the CVR's. So many places they are on uneven ground and not stable. More money for sure but worth some consideration.

·
Vendor
1,358 Posts
hi gene, i would like to get a vendor spot of the colorado state shoot. could you have someone get in touch with me? thank you doug hubbart gunsmith, colorado custom cases, and lube-in-a-tube. [email protected], (573)286-9905

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doug-----

I just spoke with Delbert Richardson. He has put you on the list and we'll be ready for you.
If he has any questions for you he'll give you a call.

Look forward to seeing you in June.

Gene.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts