Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
This is the first I have heard of it. Anybody seen any of this on the shelves yet?

I'd like to test it for hardness and see if it lives up to the marketing.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Interesting....the crimp on the shell on the box looks doctored....the crimps on the two shells next to the box look like reloads.
I noticed that poor crimp as well ? If that's the way they are made then they will break down and split in the reloading process. Could be that Win. doesn't want you to reload them. Also the box says "Competition Target Loads" so how could they be banned for Registered shoots ? Will the ATA change the rules to accommodate them ?

They should call them "Supreme" or "Ultimate" instead of Elite.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Glad to see AA's keeping up with Federal Grands "reduced felt recoil" technology! :D

Reactions: 2llc

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Will be interested to see what kind of feedback this new shell gets.
Glad to see Winchester adding something new to its line up.

Its All Good

West

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
If true, shot with this much antimony will be light. More shot in the load, but less energy at range. FITASC targets are often in another time zone, so bigger shot will be an advantage.

Also, no reason to plate the case head unless it is steel. We knew this day was coming. Start scrounging "real" AA empties while you can.

It will be interesting to see how much this new ammo will go for.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I currently use the Winchester Super Pheasant shells for pheasant hunting! The copper plated lead shot absolutely knocks them out of sky dead! My dogs don’t have to chase those birds! Firm believer in copper plated lead for hunting, I’m guessing that it will have the same effect on clay targets!! Good deal for the sporting shooters!!!!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I noticed the same thing tcr1146 mentioned. "Nickel plated head". Bet money that thing is steel. I hope AA don't go the way of steel as I had heard a rumor a year ago that they might do so. AA & STS/Nitro are all the quality hulls us reloaders have left. Bet those shells are pricey too.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts