There was a clip, on this site maybe two weeks ago, where Lynn said that Illinois had to get this resolved and that the ATA would start looking in October and likely would not come back to Sparta if this didn't get settled quickly.
Dawg always wants folks to think he knows something-but he rarely says what he knows, he just waits hoping something will happen so he can act as if he was right all along.
Once the ATA notifies Illinois of their default of the contract, they've for all intents and purposes given notice that the contract is no longer valid. And the ATA can do whatever it wishes with no repercussions from the state. We have been forewarned of changes in the wind. Although, I don't think anything will happen as a result this threat by the ATA. Small potatoes in the world of Illinois politics.
Pay attention to what the Dawg says.... He has "sources" and can't always tell the whole story; but the careful reader can read between the lines.... thing is, he's got a good track record, and his "predictions" are usually correct.
I'd say go ahead and send in the forms. They can always do a refund if it goes West. Meanwhile you'll get the campsite you want. Personally, I feel that we're getting a lot of political posturing and those statements from Lynn are more of the same; but make no mistake, the EC has to make plans, and is doing so. We're being assured there will be a grand, someplace, hopefully it is gonna be at Sparta.