Skin Jeans Hand Shoe Comfort

Attachments

Reactions: Whitlash2U
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Just wondering what sort of facility is this place where you are picking up this shot? I'm wondering why Federal would be selling bags of shot when all manufacturers are running extra shifts and long hours making ammunition for the current shortage. I'm skeptical at best because it really doesn't make sense to me that Federal would be selling shot at this time. We recently picked up a ton of West Coast shot and had to wait nearly a month to get it as WC shot was in short demand.

PD

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Just thinking about this, why doesn't Federal have there name on the bags of shot. Where does Federal manufacture there shot and do they add Antimony to it to make it 6%? Do they drop it from a tower like West Coast does or is it manufactured some other way?
I know Tony at Hot Shot is in Utah as I've talked to him a few years ago at PITA Spokane Grand Pacific.
His process is to melt the lead and pour it through a huge plate full of holes that he makes himself and drops it into a coolant. I don't know for sure but I don't think Tony adds Antimony to his shot. Tony makes #10 shot and it works great for first shot of doubles as well as second targets and will break targets nicely for singles during summer months on White Flyer pitch and Caldwell targets.

PD

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
This is from all the reject shells or bad lots. Sold to another company that dismantels them and sells and shot and primers, they do it to larger shells too. Lots of prairie storm shells, which is where I get a good portion of lead for games loads, it might have 30% copper plated in it though. Usually you can find a small amount it the 7.5 too but very minimal. Its good shot for 16s and double, works just fine

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is from all the reject shells or bad lots. Sold to another company that dismantels them and sells and shot and primers, they do it to larger shells too. Lots of prairie storm shells, which is where I get a good portion of lead for games loads, it might have 30% copper plated in it though. Usually you can find a small amount it the 7.5 too but very minimal. Its good shot for 16s and double, works just fine
You are right about the dismantled shells but as far as finding 30% copper, I have loaded several bags and have not seen copper. I was told they are getting their program more refined. So that being said, it's possibly why I see no copper in the new bags I have been getting. I have used it back to the 27 yard line and seen nothing but smoke if I do may part.

· Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Both Mike Graf and KCTA gun club sell it . I bought 20 bags a week ago for $34.50 tax included . I have shot a little over 3,000 pounds of it . Good clean stuff....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.